Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this beauty up two weeks ago. Been riding it like a stole it and loving it more every day!

Mod List:
Black Wheels (Thanks JarelJ!!) w/ White Reflective Tape
Bikemaster Heated Grips
LED Headlights
DP Seat Cowl
DP Tank Protector
Radiator Guards
Dark Smoke SR Windscreen
Luxmachine Mirror Block-Off Turn Signals
Comp Werkes Integrated Tail Light
Comp Werkes LTD Fender Eliminator
LSL Short Footpegs

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
^ What he said!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hows the light beam throw after changing to the LEDs ? Do post some pics of it!
What he said! And everyone else! I've got an 1199 LED light on the way to do a retrofit but if the LED bulbs in the stock housing work well I'm sending that pricey thing back.

I have to say, the white with the black wheel looks TIGHT! Gorgeous bike dude, very clean - just the way I like 'em :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
:eek:

He didn't. I used these instead for 1/6 the price: H11 LED headlights

They fit perfectly into the housing for the low beams after just a little modification of the plastic.
Nice! I used CREE LED headlights in my old Ninja 250. Would have kept them but they were a different bulb type. If you don't have a DIY i'll post one when I get my H11s.

I switched from 35w 5000K HIDs to LEDs. The LEDs produced less glare but subjectively almost the same amount of light on the road. More in the case of the ninja because I rewired the LEDs to both up LEDs together (to light the road) and all four LEDs as high mode.

I imagine the light output with the LEDs will be competitive with HIDs in the Panigale because it'll be running all 4 LEDs (2 per bulb) at all times since the high beams are separate. I think just about anything will be better than the stock headlight performance...

·
Registered
692 Posts
First off, WOW! Best-looking 899 I've seen yet. I love my red wheels but the black looks fantastic!

I've got a few questions for you...

DP Seat Cowl: does it match the paint? I was told to wait a little while by my local dealer because the ones they had ordered in were "off" as far as matching the white of the bike

Luxmachine Mirror Block-Off Turn Signals: Have you had any issues with visibility with these? Are they easily seen from the front or more just "they are there so therefore I'm legal"?

Comp Werkes Integrated Tail Light: Are the turn signals bright enough to be seen in the daytime with the stock running lights (or brake) on? I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet because no one has a video of them in action...

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First off, WOW! Best-looking 899 I've seen yet. I love my red wheels but the black looks fantastic!

I've got a few questions for you...

DP Seat Cowl: does it match the paint? I was told to wait a little while by my local dealer because the ones they had ordered in were "off" as far as matching the white of the bike

Luxmachine Mirror Block-Off Turn Signals: Have you had any issues with visibility with these? Are they easily seen from the front or more just "they are there so therefore I'm legal"?

Comp Werkes Integrated Tail Light: Are the turn signals bright enough to be seen in the daytime with the stock running lights (or brake) on? I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet because no one has a video of them in action...

Thanks! :)
Thank you! I definitely put a lot of time into making the bike as clean as possible. I'm glad you like it!

If I could figure out how to post a video for you, I would, but I'll tell you right now that the rear turn signals are very hard to see during the day with the dark smoke integrated tail light. The front are a little more visible than the rear, but still a bit on the difficult to see side of the house. They are still easily seen if you are looking for them, but they certainly won't grab anyone's attention. It's a risk I'm willing to accept though for the huge improvement on the aesthetics of the bike. Nighttime is a completely different story though. Not only are they very easily seen but extremely beautiful as well. It really is a sight to behold at night.

I must have gotten lucky with my rear seat cowl, because it matches my bike just fine. I can't tell any difference between it and the stock paint.

Hope this helps,
-Zack

·
Read Only
152 Posts
The bike is pretty much perfect, the only nitpick of mine (purely subjective), is the white wheel tape. IMO it would look better without it, there's enough white as it is.

Oh and you should remove the rear passenger footpegs.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.