Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ducati Panigale 899
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone recently purchased my 2015 899 a month ago and have been loving it (already put 2300 miles on it..) about to do the second oil change I recently ordered a kit from Ducati of Omaha, wanted to see if there’s anything to look out for being that I will be riding this bike a lot but storing it during the winter, I’ve heard alot of good things about the superquadro and it’s reliability and want to get the absolute most out of it, any tips for a new owner? (how often to change fluids, maintenance etc.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
1. The instrument panel can crack....my bike developed a small crack and it has grown ever since.
2. The oil filter cap is a pain in the ass to get off. The cap has a bigger thread than inside the thread going into the engine. You can screw in two bolts and grab those bolts to pull the cap off. Its sounds easy but its not...the filter cap is really snug on there.
3. Armor bodies track fairings are great for track days. AVOID using stock fairings on the track.
4. I had a low side on the track and my t-rex frame sliders saved me A LOTTTT of money. The only downside is they stick out a lot and if you have long legs, you can touch it with your leg.
5. I'm still trying to figure out how to clear engine light on the track. I removed all the lights and I think its going the engine light code....

·
Registered
2015 Ducati Panigale 899
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input I’m one of the few that plans to just use it as a daily rider (am very aware there are more practical and comfortable choices.. but it’s a panigale) I plan to change my oil some time in the next few days and I’ve heard about the filler cap being a pain to get off but I’m curious on how to get the filter out as I’ve seen the 2 bolts that need to come out and everybody’s been saying it’s a pain, I ride about 7-9k miles a year but we only have 6 solid months of riding in PA, just threw a Diablo rosso 3 on the rear yesterday as well since I went down to the belts on the original rosso corsa, so far amazing bike i will definitely try to take care of the dash as it does look somewhat fragile, other than that I have zero complaints other than the usual groin area being deep fried by the heat from the exhaust, will post updates as I continue my ownership of the bike, thanks for your response it was very helpful!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for your input I’m one of the few that plans to just use it as a daily rider (am very aware there are more practical and comfortable choices.. but it’s a panigale) I plan to change my oil some time in the next few days and I’ve heard about the filler cap being a pain to get off but I’m curious on how to get the filter out as I’ve seen the 2 bolts that need to come out and everybody’s been saying it’s a pain, I ride about 7-9k miles a year but we only have 6 solid months of riding in PA, just threw a Diablo rosso 3 on the rear yesterday as well since I went down to the belts on the original rosso corsa, so far amazing bike i will definitely try to take care of the dash as it does look somewhat fragile, other than that I have zero complaints other than the usual groin area being deep fried by the heat from the exhaust, will post updates as I continue my ownership of the bike, thanks for your response it was very helpful!
FYI, when refilling the oil in the engine. the bike needs to be upright to check the oil. Not on the kickstand.

My next two purchases are the blip box and slipper clutch.

As far as daily driver, I rode from COTA MOTOGP 2019 in Texas to Florida. The bike after two hours is very uncomfortable. That's why I got the Multistrada and converted the 899 to a track bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts