Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My exhaust popped out of place and I'm assuming it's cause my servo was stuck in the closed position which caused a lot of vibration so I fixed the servo problem but would rather fix this by myself then get the dealer to fix it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Remove the lower fairing and try to understand what happened, it's definitely NOT normal for the exhaust to drop like that. Check all the bolts and also the condition of the rubber grommets. It's not a difficult job, but if you're not confident about it, please take the bike to a proper shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the lower fairing and try to understand what happened, it's definitely NOT normal for the exhaust to drop like that. Check all the bolts and also the condition of the rubber grommets. It's not a difficult job, but if you're not confident about it, please take the bike to a proper shop.
I ended up fixing it yesterday. The exhaust servo was closed which caused alot of pressure which pushed the pipe up. I removed the springs and moved it back into place. Also opened up the Flapper valve

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad to hear. The flapper valve is known for being a bit problematic, many people disconnect the cable or remove the servo altogether, so the valve stays open. Either action would trigger some errors being logged in the ECU, but no visible warning lights in the dashboard. I personally removed the servo and cable, and used a servo-eliminator device in order to make the mod completely invisible to the ECU. Some people remove the actual valve but it's a non-reversible mod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts