Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the market for a new bike, was about to buy a gsxr-750 for about the same price until I found this 899 panigale. I checked it out the bike seemed in good shape, small chip in the back brake side of the faring.( no clear coat so that’s expected). I haven’t ridden it yet. It just seems a bit cheap for the bike. Has 9000 miles. He has the original title and it’s clean.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you're mechanically minded check all the usual things (chain, sprockets, head stem bearings, brakes, rotors, marks on swing arm, fork legs etc). If not get a mechanic to look over it.
If all that checks out then buy it.
Looks good.(y)

·
Registered
113 Posts
There’s a person that does the exhaust coring and I believe they paint them black.

As for the price, it for seem low. But then again, things are not great economically at the moment. It’s entirely possible that someone is just looking to get as much cash as they can (perhaps they lost their job or are on furlough). Don’t take this as a statement to try and squeeze them for a better deal. If they have the title, maintenance records and the bike looks good, then $7500 is a good deal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks good, and it's definitely a good price for the conditions/mileage. Bring a good flashlight with you and inspect the engine as much as you can, looking for oil leaks or anything suspicious. Many 899s (mine included) have a small coolant leak on the left side of the engine, near some plug bolts (you might see some red deposits around them). If it's not excessive, I would not worry too much about it. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts