Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any of you guys can make a connection with what the issue is.

I brought in my Panigale 899 to change out the race water pump wheel set which is made out of plastic gears and they wear down and get into your oil...WTF Ducati? I purchased a metal set built to replace that system. Since the clutch cover casing was going to be removed for the work, I decided to get a 959 clutch cover so I can install a Woodcraft clutch cover/slider. Also changed out the clutch plates. That was the only work done.

When I picked up the bike, only got about a mile and the temp was over 230. Brought the bike back and had them take a look. Coolant was leaking. So the bike now has this new issue.

My question is this, how could a coolant issue happen with the above work done? There were absolutely no issues with cooling system before I brought the bike in. I can't figure out how this could have happened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quite forum...Update: So the bike was taken apart and there are no issues with the work that was done. I was told it is a thermostat problem so they are going to replace that unit. I still find it curious that the thermostat somehow went bad coincidentally after the above work was done? Also will be getting a new Radiator cap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I’m actually rebuilding two 899’s and thankfully I have never had these coolant issue people speak of. Also, I am running engine ice as coolant. I replaced my covers with the 1199 magnesium engine case cover. How did the fitting on the 959 cover go?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Quite forum...Update: So the bike was taken apart and there are no issues with the work that was done. I was told it is a thermostat problem so they are going to replace that unit. I still find it curious that the thermostat somehow went bad coincidentally after the above work was done? Also will be getting a new Radiator cap.
I am both surprised and not surprised. I would agree , the work performed shouldn’t have caused any issues.... but my close friend recent did a coolant flush on his Subaru STI and had the same problem as your 899. Thermostat went bad. No idea how or why that would happen but apparently it does. Hope it’s all fixed and you are back up and running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts