Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. Bought my first ducati today. What a gorgeous bike. The downside is our winter is starting here in Ontario Canada, so I'm leaving the bike at dealer till March so I don't lose 4 months of warranty. Have the termi slip ons and every carbon piece being added to the bike. Thank god snowmobile season is here to ease the wait.

Reactions: teeny

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Congrats! You and I are in the same boat it seems. Mine should be coming in this month, but I am keeping it at the dealer until March or April. Winter sucks!

Reactions: 899Rider

·
Registered
301 Posts
sweet. its going to be a long wait but it'll be worth it.
at least you can go visit it and feel it up when you are lonely :p

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congrats Chris and welcome aboard! Where you located in Ontario? I'm in Toronto and having real trouble even finding a dealer with an 899 to go look at, let alone buy :(

I second the excitement for sled season ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to pick the bike up on Wednesday. I figured regardless I lose 4 months warranty at the end anyways due to storing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats Chris and welcome aboard! Where you located in Ontario? I'm in Toronto and having real trouble even finding a dealer with an 899 to go look at, let alone buy :(

I second the excitement for sled season ;)
I'm near Ottawa. Dealer is telling me that they're only getting 3 899's for 2014. If they sell more they have to try and get from another dealer. My Dealer has sold 2 white, there's a red one pending sale but the guy wants to see it first. $16300 plus tax for white if you need to know what you're looking at. no freight or pdi bullshit.

Monette Sports in Montreal has 1 or 2 in stock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stupid Canadian winter. Its so cold up here, eh?

Are you going to be making some regular visits to your 899?

O and did you get to take it for a test drive first? Any first impressions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stupid Canadian winter. Its so cold up here, eh?

Are you going to be making some regular visits to your 899?

O and did you get to take it for a test drive first? Any first impressions?
Haven't even heard one run. Doubt i'll even get to drive it once. Weather is crap here. Bringing it home Wednesday, Just can't leave it there. lol

Reactions: rosscraw

·
Administrator
172 Posts
Hello everyone. Bought my first ducati today. What a gorgeous bike. The downside is our winter is starting here in Ontario Canada, so I'm leaving the bike at dealer till March so I don't lose 4 months of warranty. Have the termi slip ons and every carbon piece being added to the bike. Thank god snowmobile season is here to ease the wait.

Welcome aboard @Chrisj!

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Congrats! You and I are in the same boat it seems. Mine should be coming in this month, but I am keeping it at the dealer until March or April. Winter sucks!
@dynasty

If only I was living in a state where it's hot all year long so I wouldn't have to worry about the winter.

If it were up to me though I would bring it back home so I can sit on it whenever I want. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm near Ottawa. Dealer is telling me that they're only getting 3 899's for 2014. If they sell more they have to try and get from another dealer. My Dealer has sold 2 white, there's a red one pending sale but the guy wants to see it first. $16300 plus tax for white if you need to know what you're looking at. no freight or pdi bullshit.

Monette Sports in Montreal has 1 or 2 in stock.
thanks for the info, I'll be heading up to Ottawa in 2 weeks to visit some family I may have to make a small pitstop ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey @Chrisj good call on leaving your bike at the dealer for the next 4 months to save the warranty for when you actually use the bike. What was the OTD price you paid?
Any plans for modifications?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Don't know how you could have waited. Would be putting in my lounge room to just stare at!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
congrats on the new wheels!!

Winter has arrived here too.. no more miles of smiles as the gritters have been out salting up the roads... with the black ice appearing my baby is tucked up in bed!

We snowboard, so hopefully we will get to play up a mountain soon in scotland to take the pain away from not being able to put miles on the 899...

Take care...

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Couldn't wait, just picked her up

I am surprised you even held out for this long. I kinda saw that coming because I would have done the same. CONGRATS!!!! :D

What are you going to do now!? Do tell!

congrats on the new wheels!!

Winter has arrived here too.. no more miles of smiles as the gritters have been out salting up the roads... with the black ice appearing my baby is tucked up in bed!

We snowboard, so hopefully we will get to play up a mountain soon in scotland to take the pain away from not being able to put miles on the 899...

Take care...
wintwer sux big time! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the nice scenery over in Scotland. My fiance and I are looking to travel there next year. Can you recommend any nice spots to visit?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I certainly can recommend plenty of cracking places. ..
Your welcome to crash at ours and we can even show you!
At work just now but will message you places... what month you thinking??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't know how you could have waited. Would be putting in my lounge room to just stare at!
I'm so itching to ride it. Weather looks to be a about 7 degrees on Friday so I may get a rip. I'm moving into the new house on the 29th and that's exactly where it's going. Lol my garage didn't get built yet so in the house it's going. **** thing wouldn't start sitting out in my trailer overnight in -10. Put it inside and let it warm up and it fired up.

All cozy at my work now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts