Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Very sad day today, my 5 week old 899 has been stolen.
I was in London at a gym on Wandsworth Road, Vauxhall when i was alerted someone had witnessed it being nicked.
To make all uk riders aware there is an eastern european gang targeting high end superbikes in London. The bikes are stolen and sent abroad for resale.
Apparetly 3 Ducati's were stolen in 1 day in this area alone last week.
The bike was chained to a steel wall mount outside the gym and 2 men on a black Vespa gt 250 pulled up, cut the chain with bolt cutters, snapped the stearing lock, and rolled it away where a van was waiting.
My advice would be invest in a tracker and get yourself the best lock money can buy. These are professional thieves and my bike was gone in 38 seconds.
Here's the youtube link to the footage i recorded on my phone.

Ducati 899 Panigale Stolen - YouTube

·
Registered
723 Posts
Oh **** man, I'm really sorry to hear that!

There was a post about an 899 being stolen a few months ago from the UK and ending up in Eastern Europe. It had a tracker though so I think he got it back right before it was able to enter it's country of destination.

I always tell my friends, if they mod and want THEIR bike back, get a tracker. No lock will ever save you from 2 guys and truck around here! We have thieves from LA come up here allot to boost stuff.

I don't have a tracker on mine yet as it's 100% stock but once I start putting money into it I will!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
F**K! Nothing that I type can convey or assuage the anger and loss that you feel right now. May that cylinder between their legs blow up and take out their balls and die in a fire. Sh*t, now I'm pissed off! :mad:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I expect he thought he could straddle it and move faster than if he was grabbing the handlebars from the side.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Sorry to hear that buddy. I hope you're able to recover it or that insurance can cover the loss.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
omg, i watched the video.. those 2 mother******* deserve a horrible painful death..
i feel for you man, i hope you get it back somehow..
this really pisses me off! how can they sleep at night, low life pieces of ****
if this happened to me, i would be depressed for 2 years and dedicate my life to find and kill the guys that stole it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot guys.. Nice to know fellow owners (guess i'm not one anymore!) are out there who know the pain i'm going through!!
He's just wheeling it away as he doesn't go anywhere near the ignition. Your guess is as good as mine as to what happens off screen..

·
Registered
71 Posts
**** news.
Just a thought, should we be setting the PIN code on the bike for security ? Won't stop the scum nicking the bike but might make it hard to break into the electronics.
When I bought my Multistrada the dealer told me to set the pin as all bikes have the same default code.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.