Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

Motorcyclist Upper Middle Class Comparison

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ILåÐÆMì纳 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Ahhh, yet another motorcycle review pitting excellent bikes that are in many ways completely different to each other, and giving a totally subjective opinions based on personal tastes and bias.

Or you can do your own research and test ride your bikes before buying them.

I'm going to do a video comparison between the Moto Guzzi California, the Honda Grom, a Suzuki DRZ400 and the 899. I'll pick the Grom just for views and controversy. Watch me get famous.

#3 ·
Motorcyclist is all over the place with their reviews. It's why I cancelled my subscription to them. What is the RSV4 doing in this comparison? And by what metric is the Daytona better? Even British mags say the Duc is better than the Triumph. Do yourself a favor and stick to Bike, Fast Bikes and Perfirmance Bikes for good magazines. Let's just put the ZX10R in this comparison too, and hey, why not a CBR too.

#6 ·
Why they included the RSV4 R is baffling! By that logic they should have included the 1199 base model in that comparison as well.

The dyno figures are useful at least. The 899 has a really peaky torque curve compared to what I'm used to from Ducati. I felt it both times I've ridden one and am torn between it being a good thing and a bad thing. I wonder if the termis with an upmap plus a couple more teeth on the rear sprocket or down one on the front would help that any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.