Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

Motorcycle.com Super-Middleweight Sportsbike Shootout

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ballbagracer 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Cheers for the link. That was a good read and i can agree with them on the 899s faults. I really hate the dip in torque between 3.5k - 7k rpm. I need find a way to fix that and then this bike will be perfect for me.

A slip-on should fix the low to mid range but i need to see some dyno results from any members that have done it.

#3 ·
Oni

do you really feel a dip in mid range power?
I have only had my bike for 1 week, but it appears to have plenty between 4000rpm and 7000rpm.

If i decide in a month or two that i need to tweak the power and torque curves, then a termi slip on and up map should resolve this dip in torque. If not a PC-V and custom dyno will surely put a huge smile on my face.

cheers

Armando

#4 ·
Yeah there is, If you sit at 4000rpm at cruising speeds (not accelerating off the line) and the rip the throttle open you can feel how dead it is (we are talking roll ons not standing starts) compared to other bikes. You really need to keep the bike around 7000rpm to pull away from most and fly through the gears. Its beautiful up there and off the line but for a quick overtake its terrible. This is compared to some of the other bikes i have ridden.

Don't get me wrong its not terrible like you'd get owned by a Honda Civic. It's actually a really great bike (easily best i've ever ridden) but just need that little dip between 4k-7k where you spend most of the time at on the road fixed (custom map/gearing should fix it). In the twisties the bike is heaven cause your never down below 7k.

#5 ·
Oni

i took my bike for a quick run this afternoon, i honestly dont have any deadspot between 4000rpm and 7000rpm, it is silky smooth and plenty of acceleration.

My last 4 bikes have been:

K8 gsxr1000
2005 R1
2005ZX10R
K6 GSXR 1000

What have you been riding?

cheers

Armando

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.