Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So earlier today I was out for lunch and when I arrived back at the office I spontaneously checked my mileage and…899 miles! So after this many miles what can I say about this bike that none of you knows already? It's amazing. I love the rider position, I love the handling, acceleration, the quick shifter is seamless, the sound - and I get compliments all the time. I used to have an Aston Martin and it was like driving fine art. I think this is the motorcycle equivalent! I know many of you are waiting for the weather and riding season to start so I want to say I hope it comes soon so you too can get out there and enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
So earlier today I was out for lunch and when I arrived back at the office I spontaneously checked my mileage and…899 miles! So after this many miles what can I say about this bike that none of you knows already? It's amazing. I love the rider position, I love the handling, acceleration, the quick shifter is seamless, the sound - and I get compliments all the time. I used to have an Aston Martin and it was like driving fine art. I think this is the motorcycle equivalent! I know many of you are waiting for the weather and riding season to start so I want to say I hope it comes soon so you too can get out there and enjoy!
Fine art? That's a nice way of putting it, but really it's sex on wheels! I agree with everything you've mentioned above. I'm currently at 1,700 miles and she's going back in for another first service to be done on her second engine. Every mile so far is a happy mile!

·
Registered
180 Posts

This is strange I used to have an Aston too. Got rid of it & now got the 899. I agree with what you say 100% true about the compliments 👍

·
Registered
723 Posts
Awesome to see some other guys riding it!

I'm at 2,839 miles (just stepped out the door and checked!) and today is my 90th day of ownership. Just got my DMV plates 3 days ago, slackers. My custom plate is still another 6 weeks out.

I had a couple weeks where I couldn't ride because of tendonitis in my right shoulder. I rode her to work for the very first time today too!!! I only ever did that on my 848 twice the whole time I owned her. I was just feeling it today I guess. My work is really close to my house tho.

I just love to always be on this thing :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Broke 750 miles yesterday on my way back from anger management therapy. Kind of a contradiction, considering how easy it is to forget all ill feelings when on my bike.

Maybe I'll just start slipping a hundred dollar bill in my tank bag and ride for an hour instead of my therapists pocket!

Then I can use the money for goodies! Why didn't I think of this sooner????? 😜😜😜

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Broke 750 miles yesterday on my way back from anger management therapy. Kind of a contradiction, considering how easy it is to forget all ill feelings when on my bike.

Maybe I'll just start slipping a hundred dollar bill in my tank bag and ride for an hour instead of my therapists pocket!

Then I can use the money for goodies! Why didn't I think of this sooner????? 😜😜😜

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
- would go toward you 15k mile service costs too.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I have 3,107 miles now on my beauty.

Come on, who else is riding the wheels off this thing :D
I'm at 3200 now. 2600 in the past 7 days :p

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Yeeeeaaaaahhhh, that's cheating! Ok no it's not, I'm just jealous of your cross-country ride :D
How are you not on cords? I was showing at 2900...

·
Registered
723 Posts
How are you not on cords? I was showing at 2900...
I actually have another 1K or 2K miles to still get out of them I think. I try and mostly ride on mountain roads so the center doesn't wear down as much. I'm also not big on accelerating in a straight line too much, I prefer fast curves. Mine are worn very nice and even from side to side. The roads here are pretty good pavement too, very easy on tires. I'm also anal about my tire pressures.

I recall the factory set of tires on my 848 lasted until about 4,100 miles.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I'm sitting at 1,700 miles so far (work's been keeping me way too busy). Tires still look great so far and I'm putting it on track next month at Road Atlanta so we'll see how they look after that.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm sitting at 3263 miles at the moment. Can't get off this thing. Though i haven't done much twisties due to the poor weather in Sydney lately.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.