Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 899 community!

Haven't had any time to test ride one yet. I was wondering what everyone's take on the bike is. Is it good for some traffic now and then and comfortable riding during 90+ degree weather and for long rides ranging from 30 minute to a few hour rides. How is the power? Would you recommended it for an intermediate rider? Has anyone taken it on a ride with a passenger, and what did the passenger think of the comfortability of the bike. My riding experience is with a ninja 250R, any thoughts or concerns on upgrading to the 899 or just the bike in general would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have less than 1 year experience on sport bikes. I had a SV650 last year and had so much fun I wanted something with a little more power and better handling. I've been to three track days now and couldn't be happier. Big grin every time I get off the bike. You can flick the bike into the corners very easily and it holds it's line like it's on rails. It's taking some time to adapt to the hi revving engine though. I'm always wanting to short shift about 8500 rpms because that sounds right to my ear. In reality the engine is just starting to hit hard and it needs to run up to 10,500 or 11,000. I think as soon as I get the sound memorized better I won't have this problem. The brakes seem more than powerful enough although I'm not pushing hard into the corners to really test them out. I do find myself slowing too much to early though. The quickshifter is awesome, especially on the track. So far I've not had a problem with the heat. It was about 83 degrees at our last track day. Several times I pulled into the hot pits to adjust some electronics which would be similar to waiting at a stop light. I never even noticed the heat.

The bike is easy to ride and lots of fun.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The pressure on ur wrists and forearms is immense :)

I been riding this bike everyday for 3 months and if the journey in london is over 20 mins I start to feel it.

Guess will just have to get used to it :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am 55, my wife is 50. I am like 140 pounds and my wife is pretty skinny as well. I just bought the 899 and I usually take my wife as a passenger. I used to have an r1, to me the 899 is way more confortable. We did multiple trips on the r1, 300 miles or more.
I will be able to do the same and even more on the 899

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.