Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm in the process of installing Sato sliders and GB racing covers.

The Sato slider instructions specify using 'liquid gasket' on bolts that go into the engine casing:

(see the asterisk notation)

The GB's have similar mount points, but don't say anything about using liquid gasket:

Any thoughts on this?

I don't mind finding/buying/using this, but just wondering if this is necessary or if it would just make a mess.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When you remove the stock bolts you will see some have liquid gasket on from assembly. I used some when putting mine on and have no issues/messes. I should check the torque on those bolts again thanks for the reminder

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you remove the stock bolts you will see some have liquid gasket on from assembly. I used some when putting mine on and have no issues/messes. I should check the torque on those bolts again thanks for the reminder
thanks BigBen, I took a closer look at the shop manual. Looks like Ducati specifies Loctite 243 (Medium Strength, Oil Resistant) on these bolts.

I ordered some of this and some liquid gasket.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
yeah, I've never heard of putting gasket on the bolts... if anything, I would think they would be referring to locktite or antiseize

·
Registered
830 Posts
When I installed my Trex sliders, there was no mention of loctite or liquid gasket use in the instructions... I didn't use any, just hand torqued them to what I thought was appropriate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts