Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an issue with bulb replacement on the left side particularly on the 899? The right side rotated just fine, the left is seemingly being blocked after a quarter turn by a plastic piece which is odd. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
136 Posts
if I remember right , the left sits at a different angle than the right. As long as you can get it to turn a little then you should be able to wiggle it free/ pull it out. It may turn the opposite direction as the right one did. Either way, there shouldn’t be anything blocking the rotation of the bulb assuming you already disconnected the plug before trying to rotate it.
You might want to try gentle forward pressure as you rotate.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Has anyone else had an issue with bulb replacement on the left side particularly on the 899? The right side rotated just fine, the left is seemingly being blocked after a quarter turn by a plastic piece which is odd. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I changed all 4 bulbs on my 899 to Philips Diamond Vision (5000K) and while one side might be slightly easier to access than the other depending on whether you're right or left-handed, I do not recall the left side being any different from the right side. Same bulbs, same housing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts