Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the magnesium clutch cover and ducabike clear cover on my 899. I've take it on a test ride and it seems to be leaking and smoking. I thought it might have been from oil on the exhaust but it seems like it's leaking around the edges. Maybe I didn't install the cover correctly or apply the ducabond sealant properly or even cleaned the excess off the housing. Worth trying again or just cut the loss and take it to a shop for proper install?

There's still plenty of oil in the bike and is between the levels, but at this point I do t want to do any permanent damage if I haven't already.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You have a Worn master cylinder seals
The OP said the oil is leaking around the edges of the clutch cover, and it's likely because he didn't install the cover correctly. I can't quite see how a leaking (clutch?) "master cylinder" could be responsible for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The OP said the oil is leaking around the edges of the clutch cover, and it's likely because he didn't install the cover correctly. I can't quite see how a leaking (clutch?) "master cylinder" could be responsible for that.
I took it to a shop and had a guy install it correctly, I didn't remove enough parts to just slide the cover on. Rather had to wiggle n squeeze it in, which caused the ducabond sealant to come off and not properly seal the cover. I kinda expected this when at first when the problem happened.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I took it to a shop and had a guy install it correctly, I didn't remove enough parts to just slide the cover on. Rather had to wiggle n squeeze it in, which caused the ducabond sealant to come off and not properly seal the cover. I kinda expected this when at first when the problem happened.
It seemed like you had some doubts about your own installation, glad it was just the sealant and nothing more serious. Have fun and enjoy the bike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts