Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was time to change the plugs so I took the bike apart enough to do so. I also took this opportunity to change the air filter, and install the 1199 subframe. To do this I had to disconnect the Black Box. I wanted to do a test start before I started to assemble the whole thing so I connected the tank, connected up the Black Box, etc. Turned on the key and nothing. No dash board, no lights, no servo motors.

I've looked around, and haven't noticed anything disconnected. The battery has a good charge. I suspect it might be a fuse, but haven't found a bad one.

I've done a fair bit of online searching, and haven't found anything directly relating, and the indirect stuff hasn't made a difference.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery before the dismantle?
Would have to be a fuse or connection because it sounds like no power at all. You know there is a main fuse bellow the battery?
Redo all your connections since there was not a problem before.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turned out to be the ground strap. I had to remove the battery support to get at the radiator, and while the strap was still connected to the battery, it wasn't connected to the engine! I laughed pretty hard when I figure it out. :p

Swapping out subframe went well. I did have to get different M8 bolts for the two lower mounts. They needed to be 60mm long.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I did have to get different M8 bolts for the two lower mounts. They needed to be 60mm long.
Those bolts go into the alloy of the engine so you have to be careful of the galvanic reaction between the bolts and engine unless you use a copper grease or similar bolt composition as OEM a nickel mix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did grease them. I was intending to use stainless, but the place where I picked them up didn't have stainless, so I plan to replace them. But the stainless bolts would have the same issue. Do you know of a good source of a nickel mixed bolt supplier?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I use an anti-seize paste to prevent corrosion then any bolt can be used, I mostly have Ti because of the weight saving, strength and corrosion resistance. I'm in Australia so can't recommend a specific brand just check the anti-seize specs on the tube.

Some of the thread locking compounds I use on suitable bolts will also stop galvanic reaction between metals. Read up and you can also ring the manufacturers of the products they are happy to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts