Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the day my bike gets Dyno'd. Right now its having a Tuneboy flashed into the ECU and will be up on the Dyno for a fresh run (stock ECU with stock map) then will be spending the day smoothing out the torque and power curve.

I'll be posting up the Dyno results for anyone interested on the performance gains of the Full Akrapovic Evolution system.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i am back from the Dyno.

First off to answer Mini bus question. Unfortunately i didn't do a stock run with the stock pipes as i've had the Akrapovics on for a few weeks now and to take off and put on the stock and Akra will take 4 hours which would mean my bike would be in the shop for longer than a day. Hopefully when you get yours done you can post the stock graph to compare.

Now on to the Tuneboy ECU flash, as some of you may be aware. The new Tuneboy software for the Panigale brings cruise control to the bike. When you are on the highway all you need to do is push in the starter button and it will activate cruise control. From here you can let go of the throttle and use the menu navigation buttons to increase or decrease speed via 1 kph/mile inputs. To disengage cruise control you simply pull in the clutch or touch the brakes.

With Tuneboy you get 3 maps installed into the bike (all 3 of mine are custom). The first being the base tune on the dyno. 2nd is the dyno tune with leaner fuel and the 3rd the same but with richer fuel. You cannot switch between them on the fly while riding. You have to stop and kill the bike.

To change settings you just have the bike on (not started), hold the throttle wide open, and pull the clutch in to switch between the 3 tunes. The RPM will go to 5k rpm for tune 1, 7k rpm for tune 2 and 10k rpm for tune 3.

As i stated above unfortunately i didn't do a dry run with the stock pipes to compare. But this graph will show you the difference between an Akra installed with no map and one with the map.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Suspension and further weight reduction (lightweight generator is already on order and waiting for more rim options).

Suspension is taking long then expected through the guys i use. I am going to core out my showa forks and put new inners inside. So i am just waiting for the shop i use to get the tools and we can get started. I won't be going Ohlins as i don't see the need to other than having ohlins written on my forks and springs. I'll just replace the inners on both front and back suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.