Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys,

here is a video I uploaded of my comp werks smoked integrated tail kit

Extremely happy so far, however, I do get nervous about daytime brightness with the signals. Have been using hand signals if I notice approaching vehicles are too close for comfort.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Good News: We received our shipment of Competition Werkes integrated taillights today, so anyone who had ordered one from us your package will be on the way today.

Now the bad news: Compeition Werkes is backordered AGAIN on these. Sounds like it's going to be a week or two to get more.

Other bad news: MotoDynamic is now saying late May/early June on the release of their Panigale units. Ugh! :(

·
Registered
165 Posts
I installed my Comp Werkes tail tidy and integrated tail lights and have been riding on them for a week or so now. I love the look of their LTD tail tidy, and how clean it is without stalks for signals....but good lord these things are tough to see the signal blinking at any time unless you are within 5 feet of the bike. I would REALLY prefer that if you're using a turn signal, it simply blinks the full red brake on and off in the direction you are indicating...maybe I smell a project...

·
Registered
436 Posts
I installed my Comp Werkes tail tidy and integrated tail lights and have been riding on them for a week or so now. I love the look of their LTD tail tidy, and how clean it is without stalks for signals....but good lord these things are tough to see the signal blinking at any time unless you are within 5 feet of the bike. I would REALLY prefer that if you're using a turn signal, it simply blinks the full red brake on and off in the direction you are indicating...maybe I smell a project...

Glad you got to fit and work ok. Judging from previous video posted, the 'indication' is not a very noticeable change in colour and this is a safety issue for me. But as has been said on various threads, personalising your bike is an individuals choice. Can you do a video with the brake light on and indicator going? It would be interesting to see if the bright brake light 'drowns out' the indication.
Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is a great idea to tidy up the back end of the bike, looks fantastic. However, it strikes me as a monumentally bad idea from a safety perspective. The indicators are not bright enough, don't have enough contrast to stop/tail and they do not have enough horizontal separation. Even if you make them brighter, it's going to be nigh on impossible for a following driver to know whether you're making a left or right turn. Of course, your road positioning alone will be enough to make that obvious to a good car driver, and all car drivers are good. That's why motorcyclists never get run down by car drivers.......

·
Registered
165 Posts
lol, touche, but for us mere mortals this is a pretty important figure for something that replaces the tail lights. Fair enough though, fair enough.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
lol, touche, but for us mere mortals this is a pretty important figure for something that replaces the tail lights. Fair enough though, fair enough.
Yeah, absolutely important, I just can't answer the question since I've never seen one from behind.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Turn signals are controlled by the ECU as well as all other electrical components. There are adjustments in the ECU programming which are required to make the indicators bright enough. Everything is controlled by ECU voltage input and output. This has not been a consideration by the manufacture. The New Rage Cycle units are a much better alternative.

The difference needs to be noticeable. You really shouldn't use them for the safety concern if they aren't bright enough. Remember, you can hide a motorcycle profile behind a match stick at 50 yards. Take away any of the brilliance in the front or rear and you're asking not to be seen by a motorist.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My opinion (whatever thats worth) would be, if you want to install the integrated tail light, leave the stock indicators in play too, nothing worse than getting rear ended because the cager behind didn't see your turn signal indicating.

In Australia you would need to leave the stock indicators in play as there is an ADR (Australian Design Rule) on minimum distance between turn signals.

Only the manufacturer can apply for an exemption to this rule to get around it, meaning if a integrated tail light was standard at point of manufacture it would be deemed legal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got news that Motodynamic is currently doing R&D for their integrated tail lights. They are currently looking for someone around LA to do product testing and all that before they can mass produce for the release. Anyone keen ? Let me know!!
Yea I kept checking their website daily. Can't wait till they come out with it

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got news that Motodynamic is currently doing R&D for their integrated tail lights. They are currently looking for someone around LA to do product testing and all that before they can mass produce for the release. Anyone keen ? Let me know!!
Yea I kept checking their website daily. Can't wait till they come out with it. I'll post it when I see it's for sale.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts