Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Looking for recommendations on independent Ducati service and tuning shops in the SoCal, preferably San Diego area. I’m aware of dealers such as Moto Forza and GP Motorcycles. Looking for lower cost alternatives for a track only 899.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't have direct experience with them, but I have heard good things about Ivan's Fast Bikes, at least for regular service. Not sure they consider themselves a tuning shop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That good to hear. I have my 1098S at Ivan’s for a straight engine swap now. He’s currently a one man show, so things are expectedly taking a bit. I’ll report back on my experience. I have an 899 that I’m trying to get track ready but after having my ECU flashed, the throttle response became really snatchy and unpredictable on initial roll on. Looking to see if I can get that tuned out or see if I need to send it back for re-flash. Thanks again for the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Another place I heard good things about is Lee's Cycle. Can't say how good they are with Ducatis, though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news must travel. Lee’s Cycles was mentioned by a shop up in Orange County when a purchased a set of R6 NIX 30 cartridges off them. Guy mentioned Lee’s race background and the good work he does on sport/race bikes. No mention of Ducati work though.

Wondering if anyone out there has info on MD Performance Tuning in San Diego. Not on Yelp, no website, but has a few Google reviews. They have a Facebook page and it says they have a Ducati master tech and is Ohlins certified. I called them up and talked ECU flashing and tuning, and he “sounded” pretty knowledgeable and suggested I get the details on what was set by the flash from EDR before they look at my bike because they may have no way of knowing what was disabled, adjusted, etc. if EDR used certain software. So it seemed like they weren’t out for a quick money grab. That, or trying to see what the competition in doing set up wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts