Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys:

I wanted to post some thoughts on the Termi install after a few days of riding with it:

Sound - Maybe it's just me, but I believe the sound difference with the baffles out is minimal, if at all. There is a little deeper tone, but I don't believe it is ANY louder than stock.

Performance - While the sound didn't change much, the performance has changed significantly. We all know there was a "rush" of power at 7k in stock form..after the map upload, that "rush" seems to be present through the rev range...as low as 4k. The flat spot is gone, and the acceleration/power delivery is awesome. It's a shame that the bike did not run like this in stock form, because this is how it should be from day 1.

My advice: If you are looking for a louder bike, Termis are not the answer. But if you are looking for way better fueling and the associated performance while remaining under warranty protection, take the plunge.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cool. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Were you disappointed that the exhaust note didn't change more? Some people may be happy to be able to get the performance changes without affecting the exhaust note. That really just seems like a matter of taste.

Overall it seems like you are happy with it then?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Were you disappointed that the exhaust note didn't change more? Some people may be happy to be able to get the performance changes without affecting the exhaust note. That really just seems like a matter of taste.

Overall it seems like you are happy with it then?
Yes, overall, the bike has improved considerably and I'm very happy with it. I would have preferred a few more dbs coming from the pipes, but I'm not that disappointed.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Every once in a while on the track I get a pop when upshifting. Doesn't seem to happen consistently.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Interesting I was expected it to be noticeably louder with negligible performance increase. But the opposite has happened.

The stock sound is almost loud enough for me and my neighbours so its all good.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love my termis, I personally think the noise is a lot different to stock, meatier. I get a pop every time I use the quick shifter. The first time my mate, also a sport bike rider, heard me coming down the road, he described the noise as thunder. I Definitely agree with the performance statements as well

·
Registered
138 Posts
Once I had the termis fitted to mine I noticed a huge difference in the noise volume, it is also alot deeper. As for performance difference I can't really say because I was still running the bike in when they were fitted but it did rev alot more freely compared to the stock exhausts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much did u pay for slipons if u don't mind me asking. And can u install it urself or it needs to b done by a dealer.
I bought them on Ebay from a Ducati dealer in New Hampshire. paid considerably less than what my local dealer wanted...these guys have plenty of room to discount that approx $2100 "list price" that you will see.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I love my termis, I personally think the noise is a lot different to stock, meatier. I get a pop every time I use the quick shifter. The first time my mate, also a sport bike rider, heard me coming down the road, he described the noise as thunder. I Definitely agree with the performance statements as well
I get exactly the same pop on the quick shift from about 3rd up. I've found I can get a good pop on up shifts if I just roll off the throttle and change up on the quick shift. I do this when I'm pottering along to save stressing the chain and mainly because I love the noise. When I'm following my mate on his s1000rr he can hear me roll on and off behind him. I love them and they were free :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Missed this deal, i was gutted but never mind. All I can say is fair play
Ah bugger mate. To be honest it was the thing that clinched me buying the bike as soon as I did. I was a little bit short and took out the tri options because the interest over the 3years was way less than the cost of the pipes, map and filter.

The akro full system looks awesome but at £2.5k it's a little steep for me :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean it looks the nuts but £1400 was my absolute limit on an exhaust. Worth every penny in my opinion. Even more so from a free point of view lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts