Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, have put my deposit down on a 899, with delivery due around mid-April.

I test rode a 1199 last year, and was impressed by it, but like the S1000RR I also test rode, my thoughts were "this is too much of, and a waste of, bike for the street". However, with the introduction of the 899, I thought this will be a better road-bike, and the magazine tests seem to confirm my feelings.

That said, what is up with the pricing on Ducati parts?! I looked the dealer catalog, for folding levers, over $NZ400! I found a supplier online selling Brembo levers, the only difference is no "Ducati" logo on them, for around $NZ200 including shipping.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, like me I bet your itching to get your hands on the bike. Ducati parts are so expensive in the U.K too. But like most manufacturers they add the money on just because it's branded.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty keen to get on the v-twin train, but I guess Ducati have underestimated the worldwide demand for this model.

Luckily, I still have my current bike to keep me amused through the coming months.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sadly they might lose out on sales due to people not willing to wait for them to fill in demand, at least those that really want this will wait.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Howdy, have put my deposit down on a 899, with delivery due around mid-April.

I test rode a 1199 last year, and was impressed by it, but like the S1000RR I also test rode, my thoughts were "this is too much of, and a waste of, bike for the street". However, with the introduction of the 899, I thought this will be a better road-bike, and the magazine tests seem to confirm my feelings.

That said, what is up with the pricing on Ducati parts?! I looked the dealer catalog, for folding levers, over $NZ400! I found a supplier online selling Brembo levers, the only difference is no "Ducati" logo on them, for around $NZ200 including shipping.
Welcome to the forum @OldManMike

Nothing like having power band that you can actually use right ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah so, mid-April delivery has now turned into the end of May, just in time for (Southern Hemisphere) winter. :( Might as well defer delivery until September. :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome! Your thoughts sound pretty familiar, almost identical to my reasoning when I chose this bike. I've only been out a few times as I've been waiting for the roads to thaw.

I'm actually headed to Auckland in a couple weeks and was thinking about renting a bike for a day or two. PM headed your way.

I'd bring my bike if I could, but despite her svelte figure, I think she would exceed the carry on allowance :) .

Hang in there, your bike will be worth it. And look into NZDOC, they seem like a great group of folks. Wish they were in Alaska.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, ended up working out of town for the last 3-4 months, so deferred purchase until recently, so now the bike is in the crate and being shipped from Australia to New Zealand, for delivery in approx. 3 weeks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked her up from the dealer this afternoon, only got to ride it home through rush-hour traffic, but got a couple of clear spots, and oh my, I like it a lot! It's no litre bike for sure, but definitely has more than enough for the real world. I might enough have to stop riding with earplugs so I can hear that L-twin rumble better!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts