Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The skies are grey, the air is cold and bitter and this thing called snow has graced us in Canada. I wanted to share my video on exactly how to store your 899 Panigale for hibernation so that come spring, she is in tip top condition, ready to be straddled again come spring!

Hope you enjoy and find this valuable! ( This also applies to all motorcycles in general)

·
Registered
380 Posts
That sad feeling when you see a bike stored for winter and you realize you won't ride her again until the spring ... Also, have you tried the 959 forums? They have a bit more site traffic. : )

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sad feeling when you see a bike stored for winter and you realize you won't ride her again until the spring ... Also, have you tried the 959 forums? They have a bit more site traffic. : )
Only got a 899 I wont show my face there muahah ;)

but seriously. I ****** up. Should have went with a see through bike cover. Now I cant even look at her beauty...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Great video. Couple of questions/comments:

Isn't fuel stabilizer specifically for gas with ethanol?
Since ethanol-free gas isn't an option where we live, I take the bottle with me to the station and run it through on the way home.

When taking out the oil filter, it helps to put the bike on its side stand so the residual oil doesn't run down the side of your bike and onto the exhaust.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Resting the tire on carpet is some old wives tail best I can figure. You still have a tire contact patch which is proportional to the pressure, simple math. Tire deflection is related to the tire design and pressure. Not sure if the flat spot occurs in the contact patch or in the sidewall deflection, but with the carpet you have not changed either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts