Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum - really hoping to purchase an 899 sooner or later, was anxiously awaiting it's release for quite some time.

Current bike - 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

Based on my location (Caribbean) the duty structure is really high (+circa 47% landed of purchase price)... So it's easier said than done from a cash perspective.. But working on it :D

Will say that I was quite disappointed by the LED lights & TFT instrument not being included :(

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
@385north

Welcome to the forum!

Interesting to see how many guys that own Triumh 675s coming in here. I guess it only makes sense right with the displacement upgrade.

@JUI51Y Lol you guys are giving away your age :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@JUI51Y - haha, you caught me :cool:

@Admin &899 Rider, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been seeing a lot of the same Re: 675 riders. I'm still on the fence between wanting both (new 675 & panigale). Initial knee-jerk reaction was to purchase a 1199S and ride in town on wet mode, but still not sure about that.

@ SIU - I'm from Kingston, Jamaica - bike scene is reasonably big here.. Lot's of riders. Just the duty kills us from owning what we want, cars is even worse - end up paying double the price for most vehicles. :(:(:(

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I think for you the 899 would be perfect for you to get around in.

Must be nice to ride around in the caribeans. Beautiful weather all year round right?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think for you the 899 would be perfect for you to get around in.

Must be nice to ride around in the caribeans. Beautiful weather all year round right?
The more I think about it - it really is coming down to either the 899 or the new 675R.. Can't really justify having 2 triumphs so... We'll see.. Would just hate to purchase the 899 base model and they launch a S version soon:eek:

Yeah - the weather is nice pretty much all year round.. Aside from the potholes a lot of the country roads resemble TT / NW200, lol... In all, really nice scenery.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Love the color theme on the R6 and the color is nice on the 675 as well. Looks like a beautiful ride brother!

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I love my bredgins R6 - colour is awesome indeed.. The ride was the best ending to a long week:D
Yeah its a 50th anniversary edition with only a limited amount of them made. Your bredgins got a good taste for bikes ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts