Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after completing my first brake bleed, was wondering if i should zip tie the lever down to allow air to escape? I heard of this trick before but im puzzled if you're supposed to leave the top off the resivor. I left the top on because i don't want the fluid to take on water but i remember someone saying to leave it off?

·
Registered
479 Posts
The only air that should be available would be suspended in the fluid itself. If you didn't shake the can or pour erratically, you should be fine. I use a syringe to add oil as I'm bleeding, as it allows me to ensure there are no bubbles prior to adding it. It also makes it less likely to spill.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, however I think the zip tie method is like a backup plan just in case you have some bubbles suspended. Still curious if anyone on here does it with the cap off or on?

·
Registered
479 Posts
For a quick bleed, I keep the cap on. For example, I regularly have to bleed the clutch at the master cylinder; especially after a track day. In that case, the cap stays on. If that doesn't work, then I'll take the cap off as it allows me to add fluid as I go to keep the system topped off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts