Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have bought an 899 Panigale but I have not received it yet. It is still winter with snow here in Sweden. I will get the bike in the beginning of March.

I have booked a couple of trackdays in the end of April. First two days at Pannonia Ring in Hungary. After that one day of rest and then two days at Slovakia Ring. Then hopefully two days at Brno in Czech directly after Slovakia Ring. Pannonia Ring and Slovakia Ring are confirmed and I am on a waitinglist for Brno.

The organizer for the Pannonia Ring event emailed me saying that he have slipper clutches for the 899 for €640.

Shop GH-MOTO : TSS Antihopping Kupplung Ducati Panigale 899

The 899 have no slipper clutch I know but the EBC, isn't that a sort of an electronic slipper clutch function? As I understand (after reading Ducatis WEB page), when the electronic detects engine break with risc for rear wheel slips/bounces, the electronic opens the throttle a little thereby preventing rear wheel slips/bounces.

Anyway I am looking forward to spring and receiving my new bike :)

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Welcome to the forum, no snow here in the UK (yet!) but plenty of cold wet weather so not getting much chance to get out. Sounds like you've got some god track days planned there, a bit of travel between them too...

The EBS does act as a sort of electronic slipper, but not in the same way as a slipper and can be set at different levels or turned off completely. I've not experienced any lock ups yet, but not had much chance to really open the bike up yet, still under 200 miles on the clock....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! :)

Yes it is a bit of travel to get there. It is me and a friend that are traveling. He rides a HP4. We have a car with a coverd trailer. We will take the ferry from Malmö to Sassnitz in Germany. From Sassnitz it is about 700 miles to Pannonia Ring in Hungary. We will do the trip to Pannonia Ring in two days. Half way is about Dresden in Germany. Then between Pannonia Ring and Slovakia Ring it is about 100 miles. It is also about 100 miles between Slovakia Ring and Brno.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts