Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've been following this forum in hopes of being able to decide what to do. I've never experienced the kind of indecisiveness I am experiencing right now. I'm currently owning a Streetfighter 1098 S but I'm thinking of getting a 899 instead. The problem is one day I really want to change bike and the other day I'm thinking it'll be the worst decision ever made. The SFS is an awesome machine that I love and I'm afraid I'll miss it. But I love the Panigale too. I can't have both.

If any of you have had both bikes, please give me 3 reasons why I should change and 3 reasons why I shouldn't.

I guess time will tell what I end up doing. In the mean while I'll just keep reading all your posts to look for motivation. :eek:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
welcome to the forum.
would you ever consider the 1199?
Thanks! The insurance on the 1199 is just too high. More than double than the 899, $7000/year :eek: So yes, but no.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum, I've not had the streetfighter, but know it's an awesome bike, I have had a Honda CB1000R (naked blade) and a Fireblade immediately before, so went the opposite way that your thinking. I changed at the time due to a bad back injury, the CB was a better riding position for me at that time. I did miss the blade, but not as much as I thought.

Both bikes had their own characteristics, and both we're good fun to ride, if anything, I was probably quicker on the twisties on the CB, but quicker on the track on the blade. I still have the occasional problems with my back, and had actually called into the dealers with the consideration of either a Monster of Streetfighter, I'd read about the 899 and saw one in the showroom. I then spent the next two weeks on Holiday with the wife in Mexico reading reviews and looking at the 899 on the internet, within 3 hours of landing back in the UK, I'd got to the dealers! had a test ride and signed for my 899. Not got many miles on yet due to the poor weather, but have loved the ride so far. Unfortunately, three reasons I'd come up with for each bike choice may not help too much as I've never owned or ridden the Streetfighter, but here goes for the 899:

1. It's a Ducati
2. It's Red ;)
3. It's probably the best sports bike I've ridden.

I could list a few more, but that would be cheating! At the end of the day, we're only here once and it's human nature to want to try new things. What's the worst that can happen if you do change and decide it's not for you and you prefer the Streetfighter, your left with one of the best looking, best performing bikes on the planet which you'd be anble to part ex of sell on for a newer Streetfighter. If you've not test ridden an 899, get down to the dealers and give one a go explain your predicament to the dealer and I'm sure they'll let you out on an extended test ride so you can get a real feel for the bike, that may help.
God luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank adeyrob!

I actually come from supersport. The Streftfighter was my first Ducati and my first naked bike. I will not be able to test ride the 899 because of all the snow and the order book for pre summer is almost full so if I want one I will have to decide within the two coming weeks.

Here you don't find the SFS for sale a lot. Especially not the red on red with low milage so if I sell this one it will be hard to find a new one in the same condition. Today I'm leaning towards selling it and get the 899. Tomorrow we'll see :)

I have a buyer that is waiting for me to get back...

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I'm sure you'll make the decision thats right for you, both are fantastic bikes. I've not managed too many miles yet, just over 300, got out on Saturday and Sunday last weekend and get a buzz riding it, just want some better weather now with dry roads. Good luck with you decision :confused:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I've come to a decision. Tomorrow, if everything goes as planned, I'm sellin my Streetfighter S and order a 899 Panigale. It has to be red of course ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Nice work DonSanto - you won't regret it.

Post up pics of your new beast when you get it and feel free to give feedback on the bike.

d

·
Registered
301 Posts
maybe the best thing to do is to go test ride an 899 and see you feel about it.

Go home and let it sit in your mind for a week to decide.

·
Registered
328 Posts
maybe the best thing to do is to go test ride an 899 and see you feel about it.

Go home and let it sit in your mind for a week to decide.
thats the best advice anyone can get on a bike or car. get off the forums, get off the blogs and get on it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
just look at pictures and reviews and that should make your mind up one **** of a bike ordered my 899 2 weeks ago without test ride looking forward to receiving it in march -april

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats the best advice anyone can get on a bike or car. get off the forums, get off the blogs and get on it!
Yeah, well... that's not going to happen any time soon :)

So I just went on and sold the SFS today and made a deal for the 899.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That car looks so sad in that photo.

Congrats btw. Once you get some summer days i'm sure you will absolutely love your choice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts