Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I'm seriously looking at taking the leap and buying an 899 come April. I'm originally from South Carolina but I'm currently located outside of Manhattan in Astoria Queens and have been here a little over 5 years.

My riding experience is mainly 13 years on a 96 Ducati 900SS CR back in SC. Prior to that it was a tiny 100cc street legal dirt bike. Yes, I realize that is quite the leap. Thankfully my dad taught me well and instilled the imporance of safety early on. Every time I go home to SC, I always take the Duke out permitting the weather cooperates (Pic outside Blue Ridge Parkway). That or switch with my dads bike who currently rides a 99 Suzuki Hayabusa.

This past summer I had the opportunity to rent an 1199 Panigale out in San Francisco for a couple of days (pic) and man, that thing was a dream! After that, I've been eyeing a Panigale and when the announcement came out regarding a 900cc one, I had my eyes set.

I'm still working out the logistics around things such as storage and insurance. I'm sure I'll have a good bit of questions for the group here, specifically the riders in the NYC area and the various nuances that may come with owning a bike in the city. Anyways, really looking forward to April!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome
That makes 2 of us waiting for April :)
Am also from Queens
Can't wait
Hey there,

I'm seriously looking at taking the leap and buying an 899 come April. I'm originally from South Carolina but I'm currently located outside of Manhattan in Astoria Queens and have been here a little over 5 years.

My riding experience is mainly 13 years on a 96 Ducati 900SS CR back in SC. Prior to that it was a tiny 100cc street legal dirt bike. Yes, I realize that is quite the leap. Thankfully my dad taught me well and instilled the imporance of safety early on. Every time I go home to SC, I always take the Duke out permitting the weather cooperates (Pic outside Blue Ridge Parkway). That or switch with my dads bike who currently rides a 99 Suzuki Hayabusa.

This past summer I had the opportunity to rent an 1199 Panigale out in San Francisco for a couple of days (pic) and man, that thing was a dream! After that, I've been eyeing a Panigale and when the announcement came out regarding a 900cc one, I had my eyes set.

I'm still working out the logistics around things such as storage and insurance. I'm sure I'll have a good bit of questions for the group here, specifically the riders in the NYC area and the various nuances that may come with owning a bike in the city. Anyways, really looking forward to April!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey there,

It will be worth the wait! You'll love it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey Squashbuckler, welcome and congrats on the bike. I'm from NY myself and always riding to Astoria Park. I'm in the market for an 899 and if you don't mind me asking, how much you paid out the door? Just trying to get an idea so I don't get rap at the dealer. Plus it don't help that we only got one dealer in the city. Any info will be great and sorry to be a bit off topic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome. Get a demo. If you can make the 45 min drive go to Cross Country BMW in Metuchen, NJ. Terrance over there will take care of you with no pressure.

Not sure how you can live in Astoria! I always feel like there is no room to walk over there. I can only imagine riding in that area!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome. Get a demo. If you can make the 45 min drive go to Cross Country BMW in Metuchen, NJ. Terrance over there will take care of you with no pressure.

Not sure how you can live in Astoria! I always feel like there is no room to walk over there. I can only imagine riding in that area!
Astoria isn't so bad! The bike is being kept in a biker garage out in Brooklyn, mainly planning on taking it on rides outside of the city, since city driving is no fun :( I'll be exploring Bear Mountain and its surrounding area this weekend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey there,

So when in April do you think you are going to get your hands on your 899 Panigale? Riding season is coming up. Weather is getting nicer.

I'll make sure to come back to see a picture of your Panigale once you get it into your garage.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I hope it's soon, I hate to see that people ordered a bike and have to wait through the prime riding season without their new bike and get it when idea riding conditions come to an end for the year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts