Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was trying to install my newly acquired termi slip ons. Took 2 out of the three bolts out that hold the stock cans and the third got stripped. It's a 5mm hex and it's in the worse spot right in between the cans and the pipe so hard to get to. Is there a tool I can use to get that thing out? I would really like to do this myself and avoid taking in to the dealer but also don't want to miss more riding days.
Any tips ?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Was trying to install my newly acquired termi slip ons. Took 2 out of the three bolts out that hold the stock cans and the third got stripped. It's a 5mm hex and it's in the worse spot right in between the cans and the pipe so hard to get to. Is there a tool I can use to get that thing out? I would really like to do this myself and avoid taking in to the dealer but also don't want to miss more riding days.
Any tips ?
I am not entirely sure of the location of the bolt you are referring to, but someone showed me a slick trick recently using a rubber band. They placed it over the stripped bolt and then jammed the driver in to the rubber and was able to get it out by forcing the rubber in to the deformed areas.

Perhaps this could work or lead you to think of a similar way to get it out without taking it anywhere.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts