Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

first post here and thanks in advance for any replies!

I recently aquired a 2015 899 panigale which is my first Duc and I’ve been having nothing but problems with it. At its worst I have lost all throttle input but it started as an irregular idle. Currently the bike starts runs and rides fine below 160f engine temp but after reaching temp the idle fluctuates up and down reaching at or below 1k up to 4k when it drops low I lose all throttle input and have to cycle the key a few times before it starts back up even then it could take a couple more times to get the throttle to respond. I hooked it up to a scanner (code P0220) which indicated that there’s something going on with the vertical TPS sensor and I’m just at a loss because I’m not sure if it could be wiring or the actual sensor itself. Bike is mostly stock with the exception of the exhaust valve being removed. It did have spacers for the throttle tube but I’ve removed those.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Love the bike when it runs properly but it’s an emotional roller coaster XD

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can try swapping the Throttle Position Sensors between cylinders and see if the error code follows the bad one (confirming that it is, indeed, bad) or stays the same (pointing toward a contact/harness issue). If it turns out you have a bad sensor, look on eBay for a used one (I see a couple right now going for $45, free US shipping). Ducati unfortunately only sells the throttle body as one piece (part number 28240921A), at an obscene price. Use MelcoDiag to do a "TPS Reset" after replacement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it might be an issue with the harness.. I lifted the tank last night to have a look in there and I found that After I unplugged the rear tps and plugged it back in the bike would act as if nothing was wrong but after riding on the bumpy Oklahoma roads for about an hour or so it went back to having the same issues. I’ll try to swap the sensors to see what happens. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have this exact same problem on my 899. Every year or so the rpms start to run higher and that’s my signal to take it into the shop. They reset the apu and tps. Costs about $75 with a throttle body cleaning. No issues since I started doing this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts