Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my name is Jeremy and I'm 27 years old. I just purchased my first Ducati, an 899 Panigale. I've had my first bike, a Suzuki DRZ400SM for about 2.5 years, but it was time for something more exotic. The 899 scratches that itch. I paid for it this evening and I'm having it delivered tomorrow afternoon. We've got some good weather coming up, so I should have no trouble breaking it in.

Here's a pic of the bike at the dealer, just after they locked up.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome to the party. Be prepared to lose your GF or make the wife unhappy as you will be riding it more than her.

Reactions: mattxr

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations and Welcome to the party. Be prepared to lose your GF or make the wife unhappy as you will be riding it more than her.
Hahaha, thanks!

I'm one step ahead of ya, I don't have a girlfriend or wife. Though my Suzuki and Miata may get jealous... They have to share a room, so hopefully they'll get used to each other.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tomorrow afternoon!? You must be very exited. Are you planning on doing any work or mods to your 899 or are you just going to leave it the way it is for now?

Welcome to the forum! Hope Washington's weather is treating you well so you can get some riding in with your new toy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

It was tough being at work, knowing the bike would eventually be making its way up the I-5 corridor from Seattle.

It was delivered today around 3PM and I had a chance to ride it this evening. It's a blast, even keeping under 5500rpm before the first service. I plan to get some sliders soon. I may also try to get a tidy tail before the first service and see if they can just work that in. I hope to eventually get the Termignoni exhaust.

I had a chance to get a pic at sunset by the waterfront in Everett, WA (taken with an iPhone if you can believe that).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.