Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trawling the forum for a while now and thought it was time to say hello.

Not ridden anything for a few years, first bike was cbr600 in the early 2000's and had few hairdryers over the years for the commute to the station. Also, had G650 for a bit.

Test rode a gxr750 and fireblade before deciding on the already in love with, yes I'll admit it, love with.. 899 Panigale. For me it wasn't a difficult decision, what a beauty! Picked her up a few weeks ago and haven't stopped smiling :D
Done just over 650 miles. Sports pillion cover arrived today. Dark screen and tail tidy to arrive any day now.

Just wanted to also say thanks to you all for the info shared. Its really helped in my decision making and knowledge gained, much appreciated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome.
I wasn't on the fireblade for long, it killed my wrist which made it a very short ride out. Had no wrist problems on the grx or 899. So, the only fair comparisons I could make being a novice having only been riding again proper for a month or so is based on looks and comfort... no contest.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome fella. I'm originally not too far from your area (Bishops Stortford)

Which part of Suffolk you from. Lovely part of the world. Great roads. Got my first speeding ticket ever on the A11 near Diss - 105mph. The good old days when you got £150 fine, 2 week ban and licence wiped clean.

Interesting forum name. by the way. Is this how you introduce yourself to the ladies? "Hi, I'm Ball Bag Racer, please to meet you".....brilliant!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.