Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But soon to be Kent as I'm moving.

I'm not an 899 owner, I'm deciding if I should take the plunge. I rode GSXR 750's for many years before a Volvo driver decided to use me as a crumple zone. I didn't ride for a while until last year when I bought the baby 696 Monster. Some slight mods later and I'm in love with Ducati's.

When I was 19 I promised myself that when I could afford it I'd get a Duc super bike and along comes the 899 - pretty, fast enough for me, and with PCP highly affordable. I only discovered PCP on Friday.

So I'm thinking when I move out of London with it's congestion and insane insurance to Kent with it's open roads and cheap insurance due to houses having garages etc I could happily afford to PCP a Ducati 899.

Anyway, that's why I'm here. I'm a Creative Technologist working in Soho for a digital agency, I build stuff with code. If anyone near West Malling or Maidstone is on here let me know, I'd love to learn the roads.

Cheers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
But soon to be Kent as I'm moving.

I'm not an 899 owner, I'm deciding if I should take the plunge. I rode GSXR 750's for many years before a Volvo driver decided to use me as a crumple zone. I didn't ride for a while until last year when I bought the baby 696 Monster. Some slight mods later and I'm in love with Ducati's.

When I was 19 I promised myself that when I could afford it I'd get a Duc super bike and along comes the 899 - pretty, fast enough for me, and with PCP highly affordable. I only discovered PCP on Friday.

So I'm thinking when I move out of London with it's congestion and insane insurance to Kent with it's open roads and cheap insurance due to houses having garages etc I could happily afford to PCP a Ducati 899.

Anyway, that's why I'm here. I'm a Creative Technologist working in Soho for a digital agency, I build stuff with code. If anyone near West Malling or Maidstone is on here let me know, I'd love to learn the roads.

Cheers.
Hi n welcome to the forum mate. I'm from kent near bluewater. Will be at brands hatch on Thursday for a track day. Not riding cos I'm still paranoid about how new the bike is. A few of the kent ducati club will be there in garage 20 or thereabouts. We also meet up at mickeys diner on the northbound a229 between Maidstone and Rochester. Search doc kent branch on Facebook and come and have a look mate :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cannot wait now, have fun pete. And thanks for the invite to hook up at mickeys. As soon as I move and buy her I'll be sure to come along. I don't have Facebook, I guess I could sign up purely for details though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I cannot wait now, have fun pete. And thanks for the invite to hook up at mickeys. As soon as I move and buy her I'll be sure to come along. I don't have Facebook, I guess I could sign up purely for details though.
I'm not sure if this months meet is 3rd or 4th Sunday in the month. It's not an 899 meet.. I've got the only 899... All ducati are welcome and anyone who just wants to come along and shoot the breeze and point at the bikes.

Some of the guys do regular rides on a Sunday and we know quite a few good coast roads in kent and East Sussex. You don't need to be a Marc Marquez either to keep up. We wait for each other round here :cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.