Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Writing these introductions is a little weird for me... I've thought of what to say, typed it out, and then deleted it and typed something else like three times now. Then I thought to myself, "Come on Allen... This isn't f*ing Match.com! These are now your fellow Panigaleiers(or whatever we are); of all the people you've inundated with news of your new Ducati, these are the least likely to judge you harshly for buying a first year model, new Ducati!";) ...Not that that's a real concern, but oh man, some of their faces! lol!

Anyway, here I am, and I'm head-over-heels in love with this baby! I'm posting a little late, as I actually bought it on the 15th, but better late than never.

So, for now, I do have two questions:

1) I just hit 600 miles yesterday and am considering doing the first service myself. Is there any big reason I should have the dealership do it? If not, how do I turn off the service notice on the dash?

2) Is the price of the Termi exhaust and ECU flash ever expected to come down? If not, do you anticipate a cheaper alternative to the Akrapovic unit, and what do you do about the tune?

I know this is an intro post, and I may have to repost these questions in another part of the forum, but any help for now would be appreciated! So thanks, and goodbye, or hello, I mean!

P.S. Red

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations on your 899 purchase.........Just got mine on 05-29. Just Love it.
I would be concerned with the warranty. If u do it yourself make sure u keep all records. I will do it when the warranty runs out!

take care........and enjoy your new hot Ducati

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.