Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, new guy question here. I picked up a 2014 899 a couple of weeks ago and would love to make this modification.

I see a few different ways this has been accomplished within this thread. I'm curious, if I ONLY disconnect the electrical connector (labeled as 25 on pg. 9), won't this effectively leave the valve in the open position? Is there any need to remove the steel cable from the butterfly valve?

I understand there won't be a check engine code, but the ECU would flag the connector disconnect code when checked by the dealer.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry, new guy question here. I picked up a 2014 899 a couple of weeks ago and would love to make this modification.

I see a few different ways this has been accomplished within this thread. I'm curious, if I ONLY disconnect the electrical connector (labeled as 25 on pg. 9), won't this effectively leave the valve in the open position? Is there any need to remove the steel cable from the butterfly valve?

I understand there won't be a check engine code, but the ECU would flag the connector disconnect code when checked by the dealer.
Well...might just as well remove the cable. No CEL from disconnecting the servo, but you are correct, a dealer service would see it. There's a Servo Buddy thing. It doesn't do anything, but it also won't pile up error messages in ECU when a dealer service comes up. Not that it really matters...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks.

I went ahead and removed the steel cable. I don’t know how you guys are doing this, I basically mangled the little steel wheel to pull the cable end out. As soon as the bike started up, the cable slack pulled up. It probably would be easier to just disconnect the wiring, but this will work.

I don’t have a lot of experience on the bike yet, but my initial takeaway was that it has a lot of hesitation under 4K RPMs, which is annoying on slow corners, parking garages, and tight roundabouts. I took a very short ride tonight (it’s 40F outside) and low RPMs seemed much improved. I did find the exhaust note is louder as well, so side bonus!

101 - 103 of 103 Posts