Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I forgot I made this thread :eek:

I never even heard my bike with stock cans :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did this mod while doing my headlight conversion and it was fairly simple. I instead removed the entire mechanism since I was installing the Vizi-tec Servo Eliminator. Im OCD and didn't want unwanted/needed parts on the bike. (Although to save time I just cut the cable instead of removing rear bracket)

Vizi-tec sells on ebay but their price is cheaper on the site (vizi-tec - Ducati exhaust valve eliminator) had great customer service and is made in the US so they offer a great warranty. I thinking about grabbing one of the SupaBrake flashers they carry since I commute so long.

After removing the servo motor you would be surprised how much room opens up under the engine hahaha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Id be interested in how you do it, if its such a simple mod, any suggestions welcome. I was contemplating getting a set of Termi slip-on's at the first service, so this may be a pointless exercise, as louder is not always better, the Termi's give you that distinctive sound, although its alot of money for a little bit of a better sound.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Id be interested in how you do it, if its such a simple mod, any suggestions welcome. I was contemplating getting a set of Termi slip-on's at the first service, so this may be a pointless exercise, as louder is not always better, the Termi's give you that distinctive sound, although its alot of money for a little bit of a better sound.
Termignoni exhaust upgrade... also, less weight and smoothing out the torque in the midrange.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you remove the left lower panel the actual servo motor is in the front. You have to unplug from the left side along with the radiator fan because the plugs are ran together. Its 4 torx screws holding in the servo motor. You have to access them from the radiator fan tunneling and slide the servo motor out through the left side.

1- Remove Left Lower panel.
2-Unplug the radiator fan and the exhaust servo motor.
3-Unscrew 4 torx screws from the backside. (Screws are 45 degree to the ground.)
4-Rotate the servo motor and un-hook the cable.
5-Slide out the mechanism through the left side.

Easiest way to block off the holes I've found. Leave the soft metal/lead liners in place and use counter sunk allen head bolts with flange nuts.
This is next for me, I didn't want to drop the exhaust though hahaha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I unhooked the cable this morning and went for a blast, can't say I noticed any difference, the stock exhaust is so loud, I'm not even sure about getting a set of Termi;s now.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've only had my bike a couple of weeks and due to the weather I've only done 150 miles but I've noticed the bike is a bit jerky in traffic and the exhaust not changes above 5k revs.
Are both these things down to the exhaust valve? If so I'll take a look at this simple mod as long as I can reverse it before the 600 mile service. ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Poked around with my fingers and managed to lift the cable off the valve wheel so it's loose. Tested it and the valve doesn't close. Difference in sound is instantly noticeable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered the DUC.EE Servo Eliminator, can someone tell me where the Servo Eliminator plugs into or show me a pic? Is it under the seat?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Poked around with my fingers and managed to lift the cable off the valve wheel so it's loose. Tested it and the valve doesn't close. Difference in sound is instantly noticeable.
Started her up this morning and got the neighbours curtains twitching with the noise. Perfect! Lovely sound on the way to work but i did notice the throttle is a bit more jerky at slower speeds in traffic.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Started her up this morning and got the neighbours curtains twitching with the noise. Perfect! Lovely sound on the way to work but i did notice the throttle is a bit more jerky at slower speeds in traffic.
Install that Competition Werks exhaust that Claymore is selling and the neighbor's curtains will move considerably more than just twitch!

That is strange about the jerky throttle, however... perhaps the stock exhaust is more sensitive to not having the flapper installed. I haven't had anything but the Termi's installed, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I removed the flapper a few days ago and noticed the RPMs jump up more quickly when crossing that idle/throttle threshold. Makes it a little tricky to take off from a stop, but I'm getting used to it. The shorty levers I installed at the same time could also be a factor. Other than that everything is better - much smoother in all RPMs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just ordered the DUC.EE Servo Eliminator, can someone tell me where the Servo Eliminator plugs into or show me a pic? Is it under the seat?
Its under the lower left side fairing, but you DO NOT need it. Unplugging the servo will NOT result in a check engine light.

I fell into this same trap and bought one, only to later return it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea I figured that, but I thought for any reason I have to re-enable it It might be easier to plug it back in rather than hooking the servo back up (but could be wrong).

Its under the lower left side fairing, but you DO NOT need it. Unplugging the servo will NOT result in a check engine light.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just had termis fitted and Ducati pulled the whole unit, actuator and cables.

The bike does feel heaps better at part throttle but that could be the up map too I guess.

·
Registered
830 Posts

So, we don't need to disconnect the cable, just unplug the servo and the flap valve stays open? Do you unplug the servo with the engine on or off?

61 - 80 of 105 Posts