Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still getting through the break-in period, and getting used to the bike. It's absolutely on rails in corners, but it seems to develop a little bit of what can only be described as a 'wiggle' when running on the highway at higher speeds. I've checked the usual suspects, tire pressure, etc, but can't come up with any other explanation. It's pretty imperceptible, and I'm beginning to think it's just the fact that I'm not used to riding a bike with full fairings and may be just feeling cross winds. That said, if there's anything else to check, I'd appreciate the input.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hmmm, front forks would be a vertical movement, not horizontal. I'd have the balance checked on both tires/wheels and be sure the rear wheels is properly aligned in the DSSA, it's not automatically aligned perfect like a SSSA.

It *could* be the suspension in that it's transferring too much of the road surface imperfections because it's not setup correctly for your weight yet. Be sure your dealer does that for you at the first service.

A high crosswind would not cause a consistent movement that could be called a wiggle, it would be random movements.

With no wind and perfect pavement, my bike is smoothe right up past 151mph :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, front forks would be a vertical movement, not horizontal. I'd have the balance checked on both tires/wheels and be sure the rear wheels is properly aligned in the DSSA, it's not automatically aligned perfect like a SSSA.

It *could* be the suspension in that it's transferring too much of the road surface imperfections because it's not setup correctly for your weight yet. Be sure your dealer does that for you at the first service.

A high crosswind would not cause a consistent movement that could be called a wiggle, it would be random movements.

With no wind and perfect pavement, my bike is smoothe right up past 151mph :D
Thanks...I have an appointment with a suspension tech to get things sorted out. I'll report back if that was it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The 899 is my first Duc and I know the wiggle you are talking about. It's almost like it's coming from the middle of the bike. At first I thought it was bc of the crappy grooved roads here in STL. But a fellow Duc owner told me his does it to (a 998 I think) and it's a trait of the engine being an integral part of the chassis.

But the dealer should give you the low down. Please let us know your findings.

I have done my suspension up right for my weight and I still experience it. But I'm getting used to it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.