Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like its a stupid question, but the OEM grips are so stinkin hard! I've used progrips before in the past but never really payed much thought to my grips till i got under heavy braking on the Pani. Does anyone have specific recommendations on a grip that will be soft enough to not hurt my hands under braking yet still let me feel enough through the bars?

I saw these spider grips which look ok, but i honestly have no idea about something so basic as grips!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
softer grips would be nice, but I kinda like the "DUCATI" engraved OE's

·
Registered
184 Posts
ProGrip 717's, they're the gold standard for sportbike grips, I've been using them on every bike I've owned for the past 10 years and many professional racers also use them. About the cheapest/easiest upgrade you can do to a bike.
Hi Jarel

What is the wear rate on these like ? are the 724s any better ?

Would like your opinion as a user.

Steve

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hi Jarel

What is the wear rate on these like ? are the 724s any better ?

Would like your opinion as a user.

Steve
Honestly, they're so cheap I don't think longevity is much of a concern in choosing grips unless you're riding a Goldwing. I put a new set on my track bike every year. They're not completely worn out at that point, but I just replace them anyway. For street use, you should get 10k+ miles from them depending on how tight you grip the bars when you ride. I don't think the 724's would be any different, it's basically the same rubber compound just not knurled like the 717's are.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just changed from the OEM grips to the black & red pro grips that come on the Superleggera.
They are thicker & feel better in your hands, softer & look better.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow ..... I will let them do them then for the difference in buying them on ebay for £13 and your fitting cost ..... £17 labour ... bargain ! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
So just to confirm it was £30 inc VAT for removal of old grips, the new grips which I think are ProGrip 717 black / red and fitting of them ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
£30.36 including VAT, yes they are the Progrip 717 in black & red.

The bike was in for it's first service, had termi's, black keyless fuel cap & the progrips put on, they don't charge for fitting DP parts, so no labour cost.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the pro grip 717 in red and they're the most comfortable grip I've ever use. Buy from Jarel and use the forum discount code lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts