Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, has anyone put a GPS on their 899 yet? I am considering one that will go between the brake and clutch reservoirs), but there doesn't seem to be an ideal place to put one. I'm looking at something like this:
and would be glad to hear any suggestions or find out what has worked for others here?

Thanks
EllieJo

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm using a RAM mount that goes into the center hub of the triple tree (the RAM mount adapter is made by Teflerizer) and then using the clamp to put my phone (which is doubling as my GPS) over to the right, keeping it well out of the way of the instrument panel. I can take some photos and show you how I'm using it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm using a RAM mount that goes into the center hub of the triple tree (the RAM mount adapter is made by Teflerizer) and then using the clamp to put my phone (which is doubling as my GPS) over to the right, keeping it well out of the way of the instrument panel. I can take some photos and show you how I'm using it.
If you could upload a couple pics, that would be cool.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
What part did you use to connect the lifeproof case to the Telferizer ball? The Telferizer is a 1inch ball and the lifeproof case has a 7/8 inch ball right? This link might be of help. http://maxsled.com/snowmobile/maxsled-review-lifeproof-case-and-ram-mount-project/

I using the following set up with a Telferizer ball mount and a usb power adapter off the trickle charger input. I do really like the look of the Lifeproof case and holder though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What part did you use to connect the lifeproof case to the Telferizer ball?
The ring section that would usually mount to the bar has a 22mm ball, it separates from the mount bracket (nut screws off the back),then the mount bracket will fit the telferizer with a 22mm ball :)

Although wait till you receive your mount from Lifeproof, as Bob from Telferizer emailed me to check the ball diameter as there are 2 different sizes, it seems Lifeproof have been acquired by OTTERBOX 20mm & 22mm

·
Registered
82 Posts
The ring section that would usually mount to the bar has a 22mm ball, it separates from the mount bracket (nut screws off the back),then the mount bracket will fit the telferizer with a 22mm ball :)

Although wait till you receive your mount from Lifeproof, as Bob from Telferizer emailed me to check the ball diameter as there are 2 different sizes, it seems Lifeproof have been acquired by OTTERBOX 20mm & 22mm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was the height of Telferizer you ordered from Bob?
Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was the height of Telferizer you ordered from Bob?
Thanks!
I've told him 50mm, but I am waiting for it to arrive, so i can make sure it will do the job. Bob also requested that I supply him with some feedback and pics, which I will do. Will update here when its all done, with pics as well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
@Genie, do you have any troubles with the Telferizer wiggling loose in the center nut? Mine has never come out, but it has wiggled to a looser state
I have not long ordered the product and i don't get my bike till today or tomorrow, so i can't comment as of yet on any real life experience with the Telferizer :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've told him 50mm, but I am waiting for it to arrive, so i can make sure it will do the job. Bob also requested that I supply him with some feedback and pics, which I will do. Will update here when its all done, with pics as well.
I placed mine on order yesterday and told him I will mainly mount the camera to 1" ball and time to time I also would like to mount iphone with Lifeproof which requirs 22mm. Bob told me he will customize mine that I can swap two diffrent size balls. such a great guy!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Installed this mount on my bike. Seems way too rubbery, not rigid enough for a Gopro. Probably fine for Sat nav. :rolleyes:
I would suggest that you check that you have tightened the stem enough (allow for at least a 10mm thread gap at the beginning of install), mine is installed as per instructions, and is quite tight (rigid as you would have it said), note: the rubber is only there to dampen vibration.

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine
Vehicle Red Car Automotive lighting Windshield

I'm more than happy with the product, fast responses to emails and delivery from Bob, if anything I'm annoyed at myself for ordering the part before taking delivery of my bike, as I geusstimated the required uplift of the ball on the stem to be 50mm (as a result it now only allows phone & mount to sit in a landscape orientantion, not a portrait orientation as it will foul on the key head :( ) I have emailed Bob to suggest 90mm of uplift (after I did my install) to allow for both landscape & portrait orientations to be acheived by the user.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.