Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ducati 899
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just bought a 2015 899 and noticed gas dripping from under the seat on the chain side after a ride yesterday. Had a decent sized wet spot this morning. Anyone have or had this issue?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't recall any fuel line or tank vents being routed under the seat, so I suspect the fuel must come from somewhere else. Fluids can easily run along parts of the bike (frame, lines) and end up collecting quite far from the actual source. Clean everything well and try to trace down where that fuel comes from. First thing I would suspect is that you overfilled the gas tank... is it possible? Have you just refueled, before leaving the bike on the side stand? Also, do you have the evap canister in place? If not, did you remove it? I've seen very poor jobs done by people removing the canister and not properly re-routing the tank vents...

·
Super Moderator
136 Posts
Hello, just bought a 2015 899 and noticed gas dripping from under the seat on the chain side after a ride yesterday. Had a decent sized wet spot this morning. Anyone have or had this issue?
Youll need to lift your gas tank to see what’s going on.Go on YouTube and look for videos about changing the air filter, this will help you figure out how to get the tank lifted.

Under the tank there is a fuel line that connects to the gas tank. If this seems secure and no signs of leaks, then you’ll want to remove the left side fairing and get a flashlight to try and locate the source of the leak. When you lift your tank, most Videos don’t show that there are two rubber hoses at the front of the tank on the right. If you lift the tank too high up, it’s possible that one of these will pop off and you’ll have to reconnect. But you can lift it about 6-8 inches with no issues (I used a beer can with a rag around it to prop up the tank).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts