Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone fitted a Garmin GPS? I have a zumo 350 on my 1200 Multistrada and was wondering if there is a wiring point provided and if anyone has fitted one to their 899. Mine hasn't arrived yet and I'm not aware of anyone who has fitted one to their 1199

·
Premium Member
574 Posts

I am using that steering stem replacement for my 899 and will be mounting my phone.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I haven't gotten around to gettign a mount for anything yet but i think it would come in handy at times. When I had to meet up for a ride once i got lost and had to stop multiple times to check the map on my phone. If I would of had a GPS mounted a quick glance down would keep me on track.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is what I'm going with. Just have to pick up a steering stem nut tool. Ugh. Will then probably hard wire my Zumo 550.

AdaptivMount™ Sportbike Mount Type D (D-01-16) [D-01-16] - $95.00 : Adaptiv Technologies - TPX Motorcycle Radar and Laser Detection System

What's left is to find a spot to mount my Valentine 1. I'm thinking inside the front left or right fairing around the headlight access ports. I did this on my S1000RR and it worked great and kept it out of sight. Shoots through plastic no problem.

B

·
Registered
479 Posts
your not meant to know where your going on a bike, you just ride, unless its on a track then you should know where your going otherwise you will end up in the kitty litter!!
I'm directionally challenged, and even I've never gotten lost on the track...:) I found that using my phone and bluetooth headset works better, as it gets you the turn-by-turn directions without having to take your eyes off the road all the time.

·
Registered
145 Posts
LOL, I'm sure you will get the hang of it, I've had to buying new motorbikes cost to much money so I cant afford a GPS lol, I'm glad you can find your way round a track ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dynasty where did you get this steering replacement with the ram ball?? im having all types of problems buying the wrong ones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts