Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

After our home renovations, which include a new suitable garage, and our month long holiday in Europe, including Italy, later this year, I'm hoping to convince the minister of war and finance that a 899 Panigale is a good investment.

To aid in my submission for purchase I need to know how good or bad the 899 is for a pillion.
My wife isn't a bike nut but will be happy to get on the back for a ride and go for lunch somewhere. Or a day out.

Mostly it'll just be me riding alone. Hence why this bike is top of the pile at the moment.

And hopefully after the purchase I'll be able to post pics etc.

Thanks in advance.
Ausfox.

·
Registered
336 Posts
She is going to hate it. The seat is small and quite high up. My gf doesn't like it one bit, prefers the R1 but hates the power of it. Can't please her.

So i took off the rear pegs and its got a seat cowl so no more complaining.. Cause she never gets to go on it now. ;)

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
She is going to hate it. The seat is small and quite high up. My gf doesn't like it one bit, prefers the R1 but hates the power of it. Can't please her.

So i took off the rear pegs and its got a seat cowl so no more complaining.. Cause she never gets to go on it now. ;)
Same here, it was really uncomfortable for both of us. She was fine on the cbr600, but ever since the first ride on the pani, it no longer has passenger pegs and is now a one-seater forever.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you try to convince her it's a good investment, you'll loose every time. They're not a good investment, no motor cycle is actually. They're a specialized piece of equipment, which do not retain their value. There's nothing out of the ordinary about the 899 as in; limited production numbers or limited factory performance upgrades. It only symbolizes the owners individual preference.

You'd be better off telling her the truth, instead of giving her a song and dance about an investment. It's an economical way to get around. However, it's not a good platform for a pillion rider though. None of the current sport bikes are good platforms for pillion riders for that matter. They're more like a pillion launcher. One good quick application of the front brakes, without the pillion being aware and over your head they go most likely with you in tow.

If you want one for yourself then you should say so and be honest with her. You'll have a better chance explaining to her why you do. Maybe start with it's a fun hobby you'd like to engage in and maybe she would be interested in learning also. Something you both can enjoy. One warning though, if you intend on having children or already do, don't expect a positive answer.

My wife is a bit different then most. She saw my interest from a young childhood perspective and knew it was something that would make me happy. She used to ride with me when I had a Goldwing but not now. Never-the-less, she still sees my interest in motorcycles and the enjoyment I have with them. Great lady of 40 year marriage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.