Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The US version of the 899 has a 17L/4.5 gal. tank, and the fuel light comes on when there are 5L (1.3 gal.) left. I tend to fill up soon after the light comes on to avoid getting stuck on the road, but usually it only takes about 2.5 gal. (9.46L). I fill to the bottom of the filler neck, so I don't think underfilling is my issue, but the math doesn't seem to work out.

1.3 + 2.5 = 3.8 gal (< 4.5)
5 + 9.46 = 14.46L (< 17)

My fuel light seems to be turning on sooner than it should by 0.7gal./2.5L., decreasing my estimate of range by 20-30 miles.

How much does it take for you guys to fill the tank? I'm wondering if there is an issue with the fuel sensor.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wa on a long ride over the weekend and ignored the light until the trip fuel hit about 10 miles. Filled up once when it was at 23 and still had a gallon left (it took 3.5). Your mileage may vary. I'm not really pleased about the flickering, but the easy solution is to wait until it commits. It's easy to tell by checking the trip fuel gauge, since it resets when the light goes off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.