Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided to make a temporary bracket while awaiting getting a fender eliminator kit. I just unbolted the stock fender, removed license plate bracket, cut the reflectors off (which can be left on if you want) and drilled two new holes. Used L brackets to the existing screws and boom, instant kit lol.

I didn't have a chance to install the lights yet, but the factory lights can be bolted to the backside and you can put the license plate light as well. This was just for a temporary solution until i purchased a kit, but i might just play with it some more and keep it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
the weather looks great!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Wow this turned out really well. I'd like to do this to mine but wonder, would you be able to do a writeup?
He pretty much explained exactly what you had to do, lol. I will give you a word of advice: watch those little metal sleeve grommets, they like to fall in the tail and then you've got to take it half apart to get them back out.

There is also this thread which is very similar with more description of the process and some pics: http://www.899panigale.org/forum/89...ccessories/10337-5-fender-eliminator-kit.html

I also have some pics of when I did mine here: 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale Photos by XCLR8TN | Photobucket

(trying to save the OP some time here, as it has already been covered) :eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts

Got the stock lights mounted, also changed the top brackets so the bracket can slide up and down so it won't hit the fender or lights.
I like this idea that its not butted up against the fender. Is this an easy bracket/mount to find or something you had laying around?

Just trying to make sure I have all the parts necessary to tackle this job before starting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like this idea that its not butted up against the fender. Is this an easy bracket/mount to find or something you had laying around?

Just trying to make sure I have all the parts necessary to tackle this job before starting.

Thanks!
I've been to home depot and ace hardware and both of these places don't carry anything like these brackets. Ace had something close but it was far too long/large to use on the bike.

Does anyone have any idea where to find the sliding brackets? Tried google but I just can't come up with the right name I guess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.