Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just getting started on this forum.

I am trying to replace my left rider foot peg because it got damaged.

I got the e clip off and broke it of course.

Now I need to get the pin out and I started wailing on it with a hammer and punch. I did not hit is as hard as I could I supposed but I definitely thought I hit is hard enough to get it out of there. However, it only shifted just enough so that the end where the clip was is now flush with the edge of the hole in the rear set that it is in. It is stuck enough that it can't be pushed back into original position either.

Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to set my purse down and hit it harder?

Eric

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hey folks, just getting started on this forum.

I am trying to replace my left rider foot peg because it got damaged.

I got the e clip off and broke it of course.

Now I need to get the pin out and I started wailing on it with a hammer and punch. I did not hit is as hard as I could I supposed but I definitely thought I hit is hard enough to get it out of there. However, it only shifted just enough so that the end where the clip was is now flush with the edge of the hole in the rear set that it is in. It is stuck enough that it can't be pushed back into original position either.

Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to set my purse down and hit it harder?

Eric
Sounds like it's corroded in there. Spray some WD40 down in the hole then try again. And be wary of that spring going flying!

·
Registered
274 Posts
When I'm removing or replacing the pin for the peg I use a punch/rod (or unwanted phillips screwdriver) the same diameter as the pin and put pressure under the peg so if folds up a little and push it towards the bike near where the pin is. The spring is fighting you the whole way that's why it gets jammed.

When you put it back on put the punch through with the spring on and then feed the pin though from the other side.

Very easy if you have 3 hands :)

Reactions: XCLR8TN

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I headed everyone's advice and grew a third arm, got out my safety glasses in preparation for that spring, and viola! it came off super easy.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Legendary occupational health and safety Marbles ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts