Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I bought it in November, today was the first day I got to put real miles under her. I am in love. Although, it is awfully hot in Manhattan traffic. And today was 66 degrees, I dread to think what it would feel like in summer.

Today was another test, since in less than 4 weeks I will be going 4300 miles in 15 days on the back of her. I put 200 miles in and mostly feel pretty good. Even though I have the comfort seat it still hurt my butt, so I think I may get an airhawk for the journey.

I took some photos as well!

IMGP5808 by DynastySS, on Flickr

IMGP5812 by DynastySS, on Flickr

IMGP5807 by DynastySS, on Flickr

IMGP5795 by DynastySS, on Flickr

IMGP5797 by DynastySS, on Flickr

IMGP5798 by DynastySS, on Flickr

IMGP5801 by DynastySS, on Flickr

IMGP5814 by DynastySS, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! The dash is not blocked at all, it is actually the perfect place if I may say so myself.

Here is my route! I leave 4/19.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've ridden in as hot as 87f now in traffic, riding boots and blue jeans. The heat is there, but gone once you start moving. Just choose routes that avoid lights as much as possible.

Looking awesome, best of luck on your trip!!!

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome man, enjoy!

Quick question. I see you have the fender eliminator kit, I was looking on ebay and saw a similar one. The one I saw mentions that you won't be able to use the passenger pegs with the eliminator. Is that the case with you?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I bought mine from competition werkes and it does indeed remove the passenger pegs. Fine by me though, I hate passengers!

Reactions: monty1001972

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You make a good point man, I've always hated having passengers. How difficult was it to install?

It is actually sort of a ***** to be honest. You need to take apart the entire tail, and it must have at least 16 different bolts.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks guys! The dash is not blocked at all, it is actually the perfect place if I may say so myself.

Here is my route! I leave 4/19.

Dynasty - that is EXACTLY what I'm going for -- will def do the Kriega as well. Could you fill me in on your phone mount and cable setup? Thanks, man!! Best of luck gearing up for your trip!

Joe

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dynasty - that is EXACTLY what I'm going for -- will def do the Kriega as well. Could you fill me in on your phone mount and cable setup? Thanks, man!! Best of luck gearing up for your trip!

Joe

That is the motoreva steering stem ram balk mount. Then I'm using the ram xgrip holder.

For power I have a 2 amp sae-usb cable that I hooked up to my battery tender. I found that cable on Amazon.

The kriega stuff is great, but a real ***** to mount.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Your bike with Kriega bags on it and everything looks awesome . May I ask ...do you have integrated turn signals with your fender eliminator kit ? And also what kind of set up you have for your phone ? Thanks and have a safe and fun ride .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.