Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had the bike mounted on a rear stand to clean her up. an as i started to lift the stand up the bike instead fell the other way..... so she's bak at the dealership ra now. sighs as far as i can tell the right handle bar broke, the front brake level is bent, and the lower fairing has a 2 inch crack in it. I'm not sure wat i did wrong I've took off the rear stand numerous times and this is the first time it fell the other way. I'm on a flat surface. any suggestions on how i can prevent this?

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
so i had the bike mounted on a rear stand to clean her up. an as i started to lift the stand up the bike instead fell the other way..... so she's bak at the dealership ra now. sighs as far as i can tell the right handle bar broke, the front brake level is bent, and the lower fairing has a 2 inch crack in it. I'm not sure wat i did wrong I've took off the rear stand numerous times and this is the first time it fell the other way. I'm on a flat surface. any suggestions on how i can prevent this?
Do you put the kickstand down before you take it off the stand? I always put mine down first, if I lose balance or something I just have to pull it towards me and put it on the side stand. I stand on the left side of the rear stand.

Sorry to hear about the damage. I'm surprised the handle bar broke that easily.

Reactions: mattxr

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you put the kickstand down before you take it off the stand? I always put mine down first, if I lose balance or something I just have to pull it towards me and put it on the side stand. I stand on the left side of the rear stand.

Sorry to hear about the damage. I'm surprised the handle bar broke that easily.
yea i had the kick stand down but it didn't matter it fell on its right side instead of the left.

thank you guys for all the support =)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sorry to hear it. I'm not using spools and using this rear stand:

TRACKSIDE - Rear Stand - Rear Stands - Stands - Accessories - Cycle Gear

I feel really secure using it in front of the rear axle like in the picture, very stable, as easy to use as the Ducati stand, perfect for quick jobs like cleaning/waxing the chain etc.
I thought the rear swing arms have plastic covers over them and only option was the spools . I have the same kind of stand and was afraid I won't be able to use with this motorcycle ....

·
Registered
723 Posts
I thought the rear swing arms have plastic covers over them and only option was the spools . I have the same kind of stand and was afraid I won't be able to use with this motorcycle ....
Nope, no plastic. Just have to watch the wires on the right side for the brake and the electronics, put it right in front of them on the swing arm.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Had the same thing happened to one of my other bike before. I've been going back and forth about getting all these protectors for my panigale but I stop and thought about it. The type of riding I'm doing wouldn't matter cause if I went down on it, it's gonna be a goner! Knock on wood! But had a buddy go down on his 1199 and there's nothing left of the bike!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.