Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow 899ers.. After the longest wait I have ever had to endure for a bike, I picked up my red 899 today.

What a bike.....

Have put 300KM's on it over the weekend and can't stop thinking about the next time I can ride it.

Every good review I have read has not been even a slight over statement..

Loving it...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi fellow 899ers.. After the longest wait I have ever had to endure for a bike, I picked up my red 899 today.

What a bike.....

Have put 300KM's on it over the weekend and can't stop thinking about the next time I can ride it.

Loving it...
Congrats!!

How long have you had to wait? When did you put your order in?

·
Registered
89 Posts

What a bike.....

Loving it...
Congrats! Welcome to the 'family'. Good color choice, too :). I'm also curious how long you had to wait. I know up here in Canada they're selling out all over the place but we get enough shipments that I haven't heard of anyone waiting over a couple weeks (probably mooching off the US' supply or something).

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats!!

How long have you had to wait? When did you put your order in?
I had to way a few days short of 2 months . Put a deposit on one and kept waiting until I found another dealer in the area that has one...ask for my deposit and luckily got it back and a week later got my Arctic White Perl delivered to my door...Yes the guy from NPR Ducati brought it to my house for $0 for delivery .
And boy that was worth the wait this bike is awesome . As somebody here on the forum said it once "it brings a smile on your face every time you ride it "...it brings smile on my face every time I look at it . Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered it in late Feb 2014 and just got it now . Im based in Sydney Australia
WTF is going on with our country and Ducati!! In the US and Europe you can practically walk into a dealer and get one from what I hear (maybe wait 2 weeks) and over here it is a minimum 2 month wait. No 899's to test ride at all over here too which is different to the other regions.

I was originally told 8 weeks for mine (ordered 2nd April). After 6 weeks and getting excited with only 2 weeks roughly to go, I got a call from the dealer saying I had missed the 899 production run and would now have to wait until the end of July. I worked out today that end of July will roughly be a 4+ month (18 week) wait.

I wish importing vehicles in this country wasn't so difficult and I would just fly to the US and bring one back with me!!

Just incase you can't tell patience isn't my strong point lol :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. It's a fantastic piece of kit.

I'm also based in Sydney and go riding every weekend so if your keen to come for a ride just shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
83 Posts
wow those were some long @$$ wait...there were 3 reds and 2 whites when i got my bike at dealer here in California..

congrats on the new bike! glad the wait is over ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I placed my order a few weeks ago on the Gold Coast won't be delivered till late July patience is not my strong point 3 month wait painful still got my monster but my heart is in a new place now....hurry up ducati

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to hear it but I did walk in and get mine. Had it a month now. Just did my first track day on it this weekend OMG! what a bike. My avatar pic if from it.

WTF is going on with our country and Ducati!! In the US and Europe you can practically walk into a dealer and get one from what I hear (maybe wait 2 weeks) and over here it is a minimum 2 month wait. No 899's to test ride at all over here too which is different to the other regions.

I was originally told 8 weeks for mine (ordered 2nd April). After 6 weeks and getting excited with only 2 weeks roughly to go, I got a call from the dealer saying I had missed the 899 production run and would now have to wait until the end of July. I worked out today that end of July will roughly be a 4+ month (18 week) wait.

I wish importing vehicles in this country wasn't so difficult and I would just fly to the US and bring one back with me!!

Just incase you can't tell patience isn't my strong point lol :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.