Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopped around but wasn't trying to pay over $1k for fairings. Risked these Ebay 2014 Ducati WSBK livery replica for $400. 97% fitment, 3/5 plastic quality 5/5 paint job quality. I track this bike and do canyon runs/street riding. I'm pleased with the outcome. Any terrible experiences with replica fairings?? Only the best for your 899??

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks good, I use cheap as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm thinking of tracking my bike soon. I have insurance, but obviously dropping the bike at a track would void me getting coverage. I saw a few OEM fairings for sale locally on Craigslist and was considering to buy them. But people are charging close to $1k for them (no shipping included).

Silly question, but what search caption do you put in eBay when searching for these fairings?

·
Registered
274 Posts
The Chinese fairings don't crash well but are cheap and if you want a certain look it's a cheap way to go. But after you crash you will need to replace them, ask me how I know :tango_face_smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Check with your insurance company, but many (like StateFarm) will cover crashes at a track day as long as there's no timing going on. It's basically training to them; although you'll still likely get dinged for filing the claim so make sure it's really worth it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some insurance companies, notably Geico, will cancel your policy, and black list your bike if they find out that you are even thinking about tracking the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts