Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!! Need advice on carbon heatshield I have one at the moment but it has turned green I've striped it off anyway

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to solve this happening or any heatshield that will not do this or is it just best go back to stock oem one any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Pete

·
Registered
150 Posts
There was a thread about this a couple of years back, you may want to search that. It’s the resin - apparently, some manufactures use the resin that are not of appropriate heat range. I read that some are better than the others, but that’s all I can say. Mine is still stock, but it gets so hot, especially around the bolts that I think the plastic is being cooked and getting brittle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has your standard one started to discolour? Nightmare I thinking putting stock one back on but ducati UK want £190 😳😳😳

·
Registered
113 Posts
I still use the standard heat shield. It’s started to fade from a nice black plastic to gray. But a quick wipe of 303 aerospace protectant (probably any rubber / vinyl protectant will work) keeps it looking nice and black again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Another trick would just be to sand down the piece and re-apply resin to it. Leave alone with a matte look or apply clear coat. There are some YouTube videos with great DIY's. They tell you the products to get and step-by-step instructions. Should be easier as you don't have any cracks, just aesthetics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts