Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it rains it pours! When I brought my 899 to the dealer due to the oil leak I found on my garage floor. They said it was coming from the cam cover coming loose due to me installing the radiator guards. I got Ducati to cover that issue under warranty. But check this out while they were working on that issue, they found another leak the next day and this one is coming the engine case itself. Not good when I first heard it. So Ducati of North America took my bike to their headquarters and fixed the engine case under warranty too. They said it's rare but they have seen it happened before. So I just want to share this to all to watch out for oil leaks. Try to check it out when you take your fairings off for routine maintenance. I only have 794 miles on mine when I got these two leaks. It is a Ducati! :) Just glad they were both covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got my bike back today for the same issue.
Sorry to hear that. It sucks but I think Ducati knows what they're doing. I'm going to ride mine a little harder now. Just so if anything else should break I want it to happen before the two year warranty expires.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So a followup on that question..

If the cam cover screws are loose, are the lower guard screws loose as well?

Would if suffice to check if the lower guard screws are loose to confirm the cam cover screws are loose?
Nope, see that's the thing that's why we didn't realized the cam cover screws got loose or anything is loose at all because outside the lower guard screws were tightened up. It's a weird design a lot of people will mess it up if they know it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
no pics?

·
Registered
82 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.