Ducati 899 Panigale Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little over 2k miles on it. Did a 75 mile ride in the mountains. Then did 2 runs up to 140mph on my friends airstrip. As I downshifted to first it sounded funny. Pulled in the clutch and it quit running. Waited 10 minutes then barely fired up, would not idle, sounded rough as ****. Smoothed out after a min or two. Any idea what happened?

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
That's odd, mine also died on me today, it was in second gear and when I pulled in the clutch she just died. I glided to the side of the road and stopped, then she fired right back up, no problems since.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Very strange indeed... sounds like somethings not quite right with the tune. Hopefully it's not something loose. If you figure it out, let us know. A quick search shows vague random stalling issues with the 1199 Panigale, no one ever seems to follow up other than to say after such a time it hasn't occurred again.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sounds like it could of been dodgy fuel.

I know my bike if its not warmed up properly it will cut out when i try to take off or am going down the street. I have to wait about a minute or two then she sparks back to life.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Sounds like it could of been dodgy fuel.

I know my bike if its not warmed up properly it will cut out when i try to take off or am going down the street. I have to wait about a minute or two then she sparks back to life.
I was only about two blocks into my ride, and engine temp was only around 120 Fahrenheit, so could have been fuel/somewhat cold motor I guess. I'll just have to wait and see if she acts up again tomorrow.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Mine was after a 75 mile ride through the mountains. So it was definitely warm. Not sure what to do about it. If it happens again Ill take it in.
I'm thinking that your bike is stalling due to running lean, I'd be looking for a vacuum leak but it could always just be a bad ECU. I'd tell you to pull the spark plugs to check but that's just not practical. You're probably going to have to wait and see it happens again. Do you get a lot of popping and backfiring?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking that your bike is stalling due to running lean, I'd be looking for a vacuum leak but it could always just be a bad ECU. I'd tell you to pull the spark plugs to check but that's just not practical. You're probably going to have to wait and see it happens again. Do you get a lot of popping and backfiring?
Got about 2k miles on it since pulling the canister. Not a single hiccup since. Until this incident. Just put another 70 miles on it. Noticed it does idle a little erratic at times. As for the popping and backfiring Im not sure. It does it a little but not sure what to compare it to. Doesnt seem much more than usual.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same here, if it happens again I'll take it in. I think it's due for an ECU update anyways, the low fuel sensor turns on way too early.
I'm having this same issue with my low fuel sensor - did Ducati cover it for you? It also seems to start counting up kilometers when I'm at a standstill on the 'reserve counter' thing which is a bit silly. If they can fix this with an ECU flash or something I'm going to get on their case about it.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I'm having this same issue with my low fuel sensor - did Ducati cover it for you? It also seems to start counting up kilometers when I'm at a standstill on the 'reserve counter' thing which is a bit silly. If they can fix this with an ECU flash or something I'm going to get on their case about it.
I haven't taken it in yet, but I think I read somewhere on the forum a few months ago that guys were having this issue, and a new software release was supposed to fix it. I'll call Ducati right now and see what the deal is...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.